BANANA "PANCAKES"??? (egg & banana)

Options
Has anyone actually tried banana pancakes?? (made with just eggs and banana) and also had them turn out resembling a pancake at all? Hah.
I just tried and they were more like banana omelets, and weren't very nice!

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem like a good flavor combo. Even though I like eggs and bananas.
  • stephaniejones262004
    Options
    I tried them. I wasn't a fan either. They turned out really mushy. However, I should also add that I'm one of the world's worst cooks and there's a 90% chance I did something wrong even if I did follow instructions.
  • melissarae27
    Options
    1 banana
    3 eggs
    2 tbsp coconut flour OR choc whey protein
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    dash of cinnamon
    splah of vanilla

Put all in a blender until it's creamy smooth... then make just like regular pancakes! So good.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It turned out looking like a pancake and I liked how it tastes.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've been making them for a while and love them. I just mash them with a potato masher and keep adding banana until it is the consistency of pancake batter. Love 'em!
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    You probably didn't mix them up well enough. You need to blend the banana with the egg before attempting to cook them really.

I've made them a few times and adore them. Everyone I've persuaded to try one has been amazed at how they taste...most can't believe they're flour-less. :)
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ah, sorry - I read this and saw "Brenda Pancakes". My appologies...
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've made these and enjoyed them. I put a couple tablespoons of dry oatmeal to make them stand up a little better. They'd be good with sugar-free maple syrup or jam/jelly, too.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I made them once. They were somewhat pancake-like. I also added some oats and like a tablespoon of honey. They were delicious so I don't care how ugly they were.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I heard a lot of people say the same
    I haven't tried them
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I make mine with banana, egg and cinnamon. I used to add almond butter but found I really didn't need it. I make them all the time when I am off from work....yum!
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    I made them over the weekend while I was camping.
    I made mine pretty small (silver dollar size) and didn't mind them. fast and easy and healthy!
    I might add cinnamen (spelling?) next time.
    I didnt' put syrup on them, just a tiny bit of butter.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Love them-I make them with two eggs and two bananas and mix a bit of cinnamon in and butter on top. They have more of a crepe consistency instead of a pancake. Tomorrow I'm going to make them and try adding a bit of oatmeal, and see what happens :)
  • NARudy
    NARudy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The discussion I saw suggests that baking powder is an essential ingredient if you want fluffy stuff.

Two bananas
    Four eggs
    1/4 tablespoon baking soda

Butter and cinnamon sugar. We're trying it this morning.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    add 1/2 cup of oats (blend them in a blender!) makes a nicer batter.
    delicious.
  • CrystalLovesDC
    CrystalLovesDC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I made this recipe tonight to satisfy a hankering for pancakes and I AM SHOCKED by how delicious this is. I used the following variation:

1 medium banana
    2 eggs
    1 egg white
    2 tbsp oat flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    dash of cinnamon
    tiny splash of vanilla

I highly recommend this to all pancake lovers!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what's so wrong with regular pancakes that they need to be turned into "pancakes"? it's just flour (or a flour sub if your GF) egg and milk as the base.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It took a few times of trial and error, but I actually really like it, and it looks just like a pancake when I finish,and it keeps the house smelling just like pancakes afterwards. I mix the egg extremely well first. Then separately mash the banana with some vanilla and cinnamon. Then I combine, mix well, and make as normal.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I made (tried) them once. It was a total disaster. Tasted like a banana omelette. I was not impressed.