Weight Gain... So upset.

Options
Hi friends!
I went on vacation for 4 days and I gained 5 lbs. I am FREAKING OUT. Is it really possible for me to have gained 5 lbs. in 4 days? I KNOW I ate a lot... I am not proud of it... but I feel that is extreme? PS- I was not eating at a deficit beforehand, rather I am trying to maintain my weight and have been doing so for 2 months.

Thanks

Replies

• RunningActor
    RunningActor Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Get back into your normal eating pattern for a few days, and odds are you'll be fine. You may have eaten saltier foods and are retaining water, or a multitude of other possibilities.

Edit: Forgot to include this, for a little perspective, I was at a calorie deficit on Saturday, but I also had to eat 4300 calories to meet my "goal", and when I stepped on the scale the next morning I was 4lbs heavier. Retained water, and food in your digestive tract makes a difference.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yep lots of salt will do that. Just Track for next few weeks with small deficit ...you got this you know what to do.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi friends!
    I went on vacation for 4 days and I gained 5 lbs. I am FREAKING OUT. Is it really possible for me to have gained 5 lbs. in 4 days? I KNOW I ate a lot... I am not proud of it... but I feel that is extreme? PS- I was not eating at a deficit beforehand, rather I am trying to maintain my weight and have been doing so for 2 months.

Thanks

Nope. You did not gain 5 pounds. You have most likely gained water weight. I highly doubt you drank enough water and kept a close eye on your sodium intake.

Don't sweat it. :) You'll get back to normal in no time.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi friends!

Thanks

Nope. You did not gain 5 pounds. You have most likely gained water weight. I highly doubt you drank enough water and kept a close eye on your sodium intake.

Don't sweat it. :) You'll get back to normal in no time.

Maybe should should "sweat" it (ha ha ha get it?) I bet its water weight and will be gone in several days! Just keep doing the next right thing and it will work out
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    don't be sad and don't lose hope and don't give up,, you can lose weight again and lower your bf % by dieting and exercising again,, just don't quit or continue it even if you reach your goal,, maintain it or continue it ,,
  • Health_Lady
    Options
    Thanks for the comments... how long does it take you to lose water weight? And how much water?
  • Health_Lady
    Options
    Bump**
  • RunningActor
    RunningActor Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say specifically how long it will take to shed the water weight. Sometimes it's a few days for me when it happens
  • snowflake8am
    Options
    Water weight. You've gotta drink water to lose water so drink up buttercup!! Lol
  • mothib79
    mothib79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can gain that in a day or 2 if I don't watch my salt intake. It'll come off fast.