Honey Boo Boo's sister tackles 4 pound sandwich

Options
1235»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Pigzilla lol. They should be calling the girl that, not the sandwich. Eww I feel nauseous :sick:

IN! For being cruel and judgemental to children!

Oh wait, I forgot that I'm more the encouraging, nurturing type with kids, my bad.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    http://www.today.com/entertainment/redneck-kobayashi-honey-boo-boos-sister-tackles-4-pound-sandwich-6C10731926

I don't know if the link will work; if not, search for the image or cut and paste.

If anyone here needs the inspiration to stick to their goals, this should do the trick. This should be on everyone's fridge.

Somehow I feel less than inspired by your attitude. I am not sure what you are getting at posting this. But, to each their own. It was I guess a way to suss out the judgy MFP people that are into fat shaming, southern people bashing, or food shaming or whatever. It really shows that a lot of people still have a bad attitude toward people that are obese, even if they have only recently figured out how to live a healthier lifestyle.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    untitled_zps38ad23ef.png
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Pigzilla lol. They should be calling the girl that, not the sandwich. Eww I feel nauseous :sick:

Agreed.

Agreed. I think that people who want to call someone Pigzilla are nauseous.

I think what you meant to use was "nauseating". As in, the actions of that person are so bad, they nauseate me.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has said this ... I don't really feel like reading through the whole thread ... but seriously, how is this Honey Boo Boo girl doing beauty pageants (please, don't make me state the obvious)? I personally don't condone the whole glitz kid pageant thing (I think it's demoralizing, talent competions at least have some merit and showcase an actual skill, being pretty isn't a skill, it's a genetic luck of the draw), but really, she's not a very visually appealing child, nor is she poised by any stretch of the imagination ...

EDIT FOR TYPO

Are you really on a calorie counting website sneering that a child is too fat to be considered beautiful? (and yeah, I am gonna put a name to the "obvious" that you allude to). That is some vile **** that you just said.

And the previous poster who said the girl (a minor) should be called Pigzilla instead of the sandwich.

I am sorry, but shaming children is horrible and unwarranted. Disgusting. Makes the community on these boards look bad and unsupportive of those with weight and body issues.

It is also very hypocritical.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I know people love to attack this family, and shame them, but if you've ever been poor then you know their life isn't ALL that crazy.

Outside of that, why is this a really big deal? Does she eat that every day? No. While their family does seem to have the typical American weight problem they have shown on their show that they are at least trying to lose weight. Just because I'm trying to lose weight doesn't mean I CAN'T try a food challange if one ever seemed worth it to me.

Let's not try to give them excuses for their weight issues. Poverty is NOT an excuse to eat poorly and heavily. As for their current situation, they certainly are NOT poor, and are probably pulling down more money than those of us who don't make it a regular habit to go on TV, showcase our unhealthy lifestyle, and make fools of ourselves in the process.

^ THIS. I come from a pretty poor family and I've always made it a habit to stick to my lifestyle choice of being a vegetarian, whether I have had a huge selection or not; simply because it's the healthier way to go and my body will thank me in the long run. Poverty is no excuse. Hell, the other day I offered to make my sister soup when she came home from work and was on break and she said that it would take too long. Soup that would only take 3min. to heat up, and she opted out to eat a ****ty frozen dinner meal when instead she could have had soup that at least had vegetables in it, granted it has alot of sodium. But nonetheless, it's reluctance and blatant disregard for ones own personal health that's really irritating and angers me the most.
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I like them, they have character, spirit & warmth, and the shows always make me smile :smile:
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Agreed.

I think what you meant to use was "nauseating". As in, the actions of that person are so bad, they nauseate me.

That's what nauseous means. Causing nausea; offensive.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Honey Boo Boo's sister is not typical of the top competitive eaters

Most of the top ranked competitive eaters actually take fitness very seriously.

Sonya Thomas (the top ranked female competitive eater in the world) "exercises up to two hours a day on an incline treadmill, and has maintained her weight since she started competing in 2003, down from 135 pounds when she worked as a typist in Korea. Her lowest weight has been 99 lb. at Wing Bowl XII in 2004."

"On July 4, 2011, Thomas became the first champion of Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest for Women. Eating 40 hot dogs in 10 minutes, Thomas earned the inaugural pink Pepto Bismol Belt and won $10,000. She defended and held on to that title the following year eating 45 hot dogs."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonya_Thomas

"Takeru Kobayashi (小林尊 Kobayashi Takeru?) (born March 15, 1978) is a Japanese competitive eater. He holds several records, including four Guinness Records, for eating hot dogs, meatballs, Twinkies, hamburgers, and pasta."

"Kobayashi expands his stomach for a competition by eating larger and larger amounts of food, and then exercises to ensure that fat will not impede expansion of his stomach during a competition. Kobayashi's official web site gives his height as 173 cm (5 ft 8 in) and his weight as 58 kg (128 lb)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi
  • transmute
    transmute Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Agreed.

That's what nauseous means. Causing nausea; offensive.

No, nauseous is the feeling. Nauseating is what causes you to feel nauseous.

"This sandwich is nauseating." = This sandwich makes me feel nauseous.

"This sandwich is nauseous." = This sandwich has developed the ability to feel nausea, and should probably not be eaten as that means it's now alive.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've never watched anything to do with that show...just the name puts me off!