Uncontrollable weight gain?!

Options
2»

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Are you ****ting me?

No. This is odd for me because it has never happened.I'm used to losing weight on my diet, not gain. I had a question about it so I posted about it in Weight Loss Help. Thats it. No need to get upset and use curse stars. lol

Uh, MFP does the stars. I'm not a 'blur it with stars' kind of person.

Less than 3 pounds does not "uncontrollable weight gain" make. Chill. Drink some water. It'll bounce back.

Leave the advice forum for people that actually need advice.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Story time! Back in the week of July 15th, I went off to camp. When I left I weighed about 108.2. It was an okay weight. It wasn't my ideal weight, but it wasn't that much to worry about. (My ideal is 107) When I went off to camp, I started eating foods again that I had cut out of my diet completely while losing weight. Chips, Candy, Ice cream, etc. Well, when I returned from camp about 4 days later, I got on the scale and somehow managed to lose weight. I was about 107.2. My family went straight from camp to vacation. Wanting to enjoy myself, I ate just about anything I wanted. (Also, I thought "Hey, I just ate bad at camp and lost weight. Maybe my metabolism has been boosted or something and I can eat more.) Well, about 3 days later, vacation came to an end and I stepped back on the scales. It read 108.8. That is when I realized I do not have a freak metabolism. Missing the way my healthy eating lifestyle made me feel, I jumped back on my clean eating. After about 4 days of my old lifestyle again, I weighed. Somehow it had gotten up to 109.2. I was shocked. I had been eating the same thing I had been for months before camp, and everything I was eating had helped me maintain/lose a little. Trying to stop this weird weight gain, I went back on my old diet for a few days. ( I lost 79 pounds on my old diet). I have been exercising every day again. To my dismay, the scale read 109.6 this morning. I just don't know why I'm still gaining. I'm doing everything I used too.

Please, if anyone can help?
    I bet everyone in town totally noticed it right?:wink:
    Don't live and die by the scale. If you do, you may be up for big disappointments in the future.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    Are you ****ting me?

No. This is odd for me because it has never happened.I'm used to losing weight on my diet, not gain. I had a question about it so I posted about it in Weight Loss Help. Thats it. No need to get upset and use curse stars. lol

Uh, MFP does the stars. I'm not a 'blur it with stars' kind of person.

Less than 3 pounds does not "uncontrollable weight gain" make. Chill. Drink some water. It'll bounce back.

Leave the advice forum for people that actually need advice.

I purpose of this post was to see if that week of bad eating could somehow trigger weight gain even if there was a gap. It was a question I had, I posted it. I do not recall ever reading in the rules that certain questions were more important than others and only certain people could ask questions. My post has not broken any rules and I can ask for advice if I wish, even if others like yourself find that I shouldn't.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You would have had to consume 3,500 calories more than your TDEE in order to gain a real pound of weight. If you didn't consume that much, then it is most likely water weight. This could occur because you had been eating other types of foods than normal, maybe they were higher in sodium, maybe higher carbs, or just plain ordinary normal female water retention.
  • soonergirl03
    soonergirl03 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can gain 2-4 pounds on a weekend and that's usually water gain because I always take Sundays off from the gym, I don't go to overboard with my diet but I don't count my calories that day either. I can be back to where I weighed at Sat morning by Tues.