Enough/too any calories ??

Options
Hi all

I'm currently on 1400 per day. MFP advised 1200. Websites advise different????

My current weight is 14 st 2lb. I'm 5ft 9.

I don't get a huge amount of exercise at mo. this will change in the coming weeks. Also I feel like I'm retaining water. It's not TOTM so its not that. Tried using aqua ban. I'm drinking at least two litres a day. Scales seem to be going up.

Help on both would be appreciated please.

Kelly
Feel free to add me

Replies

• nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    I would try the advised 1200. That's what I started on ages ago because I had so much to lose but as I lost weight my limit was automatically highered. There may be other factors like water, as you said. Give it a go :)
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask a few of my friends too. Just thought I'd ask out the box for some opinions

Cheers Hun

X
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    If you aren't very active then 1200 sounds right (my SW was 233 lb and that was the base calorie amount that MFP gave - i added in my exercise cals. since then i've changed my program to TDEE minus %. I exercise 5-7 days a week, gym, cardio plus weights).
  • rachelperrin1
    Options
    Hello,

I'm currently on 1200, but do allow myself to use up to 1400 for special occasions.
    I've had periods of not exercising very much, and tend to lose 1/2 lb on these weeks.
    How are you allocating your calories for the day? Also are you monitoring the % of fat in your foods?

I break my day up like this:

Breakfast = 200 cals
    Lunch = 300 cals
    Dinner = 400 cals

I allow myself 100 cals for snacks during the day.
    The remaing 200 cals I use for milk in my hot drinks.

I have lost 11lbs in 5 weeks so far using this method. It's been a great way to start getting control over my eat anything I want attitude (which has got me to the size I am now!)

Good luck with your journey, I'm sure you'll be at target before you know it :-)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    HI chick

I'm about your height and I weigh (thanks google for telling me in st / lb lol ) 13 st 3 lb. I eat 1800 cals a day, which is about 150 above my BMR. I do a bit of exercise but nothing crazy.

Have you worked out your BMR and TDEE? That'll give you a really good indication. I like this one http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx

Happy to friend you if you want :)