I finally feel beautiful

Options
AshleyM71
AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
I started small...cut out soda for Lent. Then tried to eat "healthy" choices but didn't concentrate on calorie counting. -Saw and felt a difference, so I started to cut out "whites" (avoid sugar, white flour). Would substitute whole wheat for bread...love my grains and carbs! Started to walk around my area...it was the only exercise I would do...did it at night out of embarrassment. Later. pounds were rolling off, so I downloaded the App and started to calorie count. -Kept things to 1200 calories per day and increased my walking. People started to notice! Yeah! Now I go to the gym because, to be honest, I feel good and feel ok in Spadex now! Yeah! It's good to get noticed again....I've actually lost over 100 pounds, but the first part didn't register on my app because I downloaded the app much into my diet. My advice...start with small changes and add in more as you progress. I never thought I could do it....but if I can do it, I know anyone can!! Also. I literally swear by coconut oil...think it really helped me to avoid diet plateaus.

Replies

• dwmccarthy767
    Options
    you are so beautiful baby girl . i just cant belive it. im so proud of you sexy mama. i just wanna love you baby
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    you are so beautiful baby girl . i just cant belive it. im so proud of you sexy mama. i just wanna love you baby

You are 19 and she is 42. Well can't say that hasn't happened to me too but it's just.. a compliment I guess in a strange kind of way. Enjoy it OP you have done well and you look amazing!!!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    awesome job you look great keep up the good work it pays off in then end
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you ARE beautiful! thank you for sharing.
  • dwmccarthy767
    Options
    You are 19 and she is 42. Well can't say that hasn't happened to me too but it's just.. a compliment I guess in a strange kind of way. Enjoy it OP you have done well and you look amazing!!!
    [/quote]
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

damn you are so beautiful also bb. i jusst wanna kiss u all over bb pls come love me bb gurl
    [/quote]

You've been profile creeping. I'm in hiding right now.
  • AshleyM71
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words. It was hard work. Congrats on your 13 pounds! Great job!
  • AshleyM71
    Options
    Any tips on how to lose the last 13 pounds ? It doesn't want to leave my body. SOS! I exercise a ton!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you have done so well and look amazing :)

You say its starting small and I believe that is true - I fill in my calorie chart each and every day, seeing everything on the screen really helps keep me motivated.

What do you do with coconut oil to help you lose weight????
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    I had to profile creep actually after reading his comment. Great compliment and very flirtatious or just plain cheeky.

Ashley congrats on your loss so far. I hope to be as motivated as you soon
  • AshleyM71
    Options
    Thanks Sparkle!
    You know I am flattered....they say you should only worry when nobody says anything anymore! Plus I worked my a$& off ( I hope!). The coconut oil was awesome. You need to take at least 2 Tbs daily to help metabolism by thermogenesis.
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic Ashley :)

It's really inspiring to read that others are being successful and it encourages you to really work hard so that you can also make a change. I started my healthy eating plan last week and I've been eating well and exercising a lot more so that one day I can be proud of my weight and happy with the way that I look. I also have a food addiction which is what I have been talking to my counselor about, however so far I haven't been tempted very much to revert back to my ways.

Keep it up.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Well done! Cutting down rather than out and changing slowly is the best approach for long term lifestyle changes as you've found out.

As for the last few pounds, time to change your thinking and your activities if you've plateaued. Think about fitness and athleticism rather than losing weight.
  • AshleyM71
    Options
    I know how you feel! It's a constant battle. I am truly addicted to carbs. They make me crave and binge. If you would like a diet buddy, just let me know. I have some more to lose still!
  • AshleyM71
    Options
    Thanks! :). I am trying to hit the gym more often.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. :) Keep on kicking butt! :)
  • AshleyM71
    Options
    Thanks! Congrats in the 15 pounds! You go on! :)
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! Doesn't it feel great to feel that confidence again? :)
  • Determination29
    Options
    Im so proud of you! Thanks for the needed encouragement
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look beautiful. Well, you could do a lot to get over a plateau. You can cut down on some things in your diet, calorie zig zag, increase exercise, decrease it for a bit then come into with more intensity, etc.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!