Walking

2»

Replies

• TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    I use the Runkeeper app with my phone, the free version is perfectly good enough for logging and you can also map out routes you didn't use it for on the website when on a PC too :)
  • The iphone app i like for this is called SPRINT GPS.

It maps my route and tells me how fast i'm going, how long i walked and it will give me little audio updates while i'm walking to let m know i've walked a km or whatever. You can also listen to your ipod right through the app and it has an option called a power song. you pick a song that helps you get motivated and when you're feeling tired you push a button and it skips to your song.

just make sure you block any notifications. if you get a message form facebook or somethign the app will stop.
  • On my Android system, I use the FREE app, runstar. It lets me set monthly goals, tracks my elevation, route, distance, time, etc... It's just as accurate as driving the route in my car first.

I used it today to see how far away from the stadium we parked for the Seahawks game today. As it turns out, we ended up walking 2 miles there and 2 miles back! So I got 4 miles in today out of necessity - haha!
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    If you have a smart phone like an iPhone or Blackberry or Droid then you can download an application called Endomondo. Its free! It will track how far you go, map your route, tell you how fast you went etc. I love it. I'm not sure what you would do if you don't have some kind of device that has GPS on it so you can track your workout. When I don't have my Endomondo going I usually choose about 3.5 when I'm walking with some real effort and feel somewhat breathless. When I'm walking briskly but not out of breath and not feeling like I'm pushing it then I choose 3.0.
    thank you for the heads up on that app its awesome!!!!
  • Nike + GPS is awesome! I had used the nike + with the chip since October of last year. I have went through 5 transmitters so it was great when they came out with this. It has been pretty much spot on too!!
  • I started out walking and now I'm walking 1/2 mile and jogging another 4.5 miles....3 days a week. I use a watch pedometer!! It's great!!! I push the button when I leave my driveway and it tracks distance, time, calories burned and how fast you're going at any given time. The watch as only $30-$35 and it was well worth it. There are more expensive ones out there that offer heart rate as well....

If you're gonna go walking....I would definitely recommend getting a pedometer WATCH.
This discussion has been closed.