NSV moment!

Options
nathalier71
nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
I've been walking my little butt off since March. I've lost 27 lbs walking and watching my food portions. That's awesome but it's not the exciting part!

This morning, I went for my walk with my zombies in tow (app called Zombie Run- where you listen to a story as you walk - the premise is that during songs you jog regular pace (I walk fast) and when you hear the "beep beep zombies close by" you are supposed to run faster, and during the story part you go slower anyways..) So back to me and this morning! I started out walking when I heard the "beep beep"! I started to... are you ready for this? JOG!!! for a whole minute until I evaded the zombies! So, I returned to walking and a couple songs later I thought, why not try jogging during the next song - so I JOGGED another minute! Returned to my walking when I heard the "beep beep zombies" again and this time I was able to jog for 1:45 minutes!

You are thinking "great! she ran for 3 minutes"... If you knew me and knew how much I hate exercise especially running you would understand why this is a great exciting moment! I KNOW I won't be running marathons anytime soon or ever for that matter...but this a great feat for me!

Did I enjoy running? heck no! Did I enjoy that feeling of "Yes! I did it"? oh yeah!

Tomorrow, I will try jogging during every song - maybe not the whole song - but as long as I can!

Thanks for letting me share my NSV moment!

Replies

• sherriwedel
    sherriwedel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :) i'm looking for the app now, sounds fun! congrats to you!
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

Sounds like a fuin app. Does it sync up with music already on your phone? What kind of phone do you have?
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that is an awesome NSV!!! Way to go!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    gotta start somewhere, that's a great NSV!! and now i'm curious about this zombie app...sounds like a fun thing to listen to...congrats on your NSV, your jog is DEFINITELY a success :)
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    oh and I am sooooo getting that app!
  • SherryL0419
    SherryL0419 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats!!! :smile: :smile:

And now I must see if I can find that app!!
  • deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I would love to run....alas, I look and feel like Phoebe on Friends when I do. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the tip on the app, will look for it.:smile:
  • Azkadelia
    Azkadelia Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good job! I am like you...I don't at this moment enjoy exercise. :)
    I have heard about the zombie thingy. I guess I might need to check it out!
    Awesome NSV!!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

Sounds like a fuin app. Does it sync up with music already on your phone? What kind of phone do you have?

yes it plays what you have on your device - I have an iPhone 5 - they also have the app for androids.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want that app! Good job!
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME ! Keep it up !
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!!

Also I need this app, thanks for sharing - can't think of a better way to be inspired to 'leg it' than being chased by zombies. Genius.

:drinker:
  • kristinksmith
    kristinksmith Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies, Run! And am like you -- I don't like running. But I've now progressed so that I can actually do a 5K and not die at the end. Can't wait for the new missions to come out today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!