Interesting webpage... (for the ladies)

Options

Replies

• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My first guess for my size was actually right, but I decided before proceding that it looked too small to be me so guaged up. My problem with my image is that I *still* see myself as the size 10/12 that I used to be, because my top half hasn't changed much - it's not til I see pictures of myself I realise that actually, yes you really are 3 stone heavier and it's all from your waist down!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :)
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That is a really cool site. I also guessed myself too big by 12.5%!!
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who was spot on? Makes me feel I have a bit too much confidence...

nope, me too :cry: But apparently I *do* have a 'perfect hourglass'....somewhere :-)
  • mandles82
    mandles82 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'll have to check this out when I get home and can measure myself!
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Pretty interesting. I actually guessed down 3 sizes on purpose because I know that I don't see myself as I am. And even with that, I was still off 15% off. Thanks for sharing the link
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I guessed 2.5 % larger than I am! Yay! Thanks for sharing!

Me too!!
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I guessed 22.5% bigger than I am.

I don't really find this accurate, because they are all the same body type, so I went with the body that had the widest hips since I'm a pear. Those models are not pears IMO. You should have to pick the model from the body shape you are. A size 16 apple, looks very different than a size 16 pear or hourglass.

Just my thoughts.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I guessed 2.5% larger, so pretty objective :) Also, came back as hourglass, which is always nice to hear.
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "you are exactly what you think you are..."

Now is that good or bad, I wonder...

I think it's a great thing. i think that being off isn't bad either. But does anyone think that it may indicate some sort of disconnect or even mild body dysmorphia?
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Fun! I am exactly what I think I am LOL.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who was spot on? Makes me feel I have a bit too much confidence...

I got it spot on as well. Not over-confident, just realistic about exactly where my thighs meet :laugh:
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm 15% smaller than I think I am. I'm speechless!
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I guessed I was 10% larger!
    Great site! Really puts things into perceptive!
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options
    40% smaller than I think I am. Worrying because last time it was only 30something% and I've lost weight since then.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I am 30% smaller than what I guessed! WOWzers!! Thank you for sharing this!
  • hsbrotzman
    hsbrotzman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW! I guessed myself 10% to big! That is a great website! Thanks for sharing!
  • strenght900
    Options
    i am 2.5% smaller than i thought
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    This was pretty cool and opened my eyes a bit about how I see myself. I am 12.5% smaller than I guessed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!