How many times can you start over??!!

Options
Well. I can honestly say that 'I'm excited' about starting AGAIN! I had a good cry this morning when I calculated my BMI and reached the obesity category. That was sad BUT also an eye opener. I'm trying to be optimistic...I'm still alive and I have this wonderful APP!
Thank God for myfitnesspal and I hope to make many friends along this journey of a lifetime :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    dont sweat it. i started over about 100 times before finally taking it serious this past september! for me, it was like quitting smoking... no matter how hard i tried, or thought i wanted the change, it want until it was ALL I COMPLETELY WANTED, and then i could stick to it!
  • steelyjoe22
    steelyjoe22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can start over 365 times a year if you have to. Don't beat yourself up over the past, where you were, or even where you've ended up - you can't change any of that. Focus on where you're headed, and what you can do differently today.

And I agree - thank God for MFP. Definitely changed my life :-)
  • Splinkysgirl3
    Options
    You can start over as many times as you feel ready to. Don't feel bad about it. Don't even think you failed yourself. As with anything in life, there also are peaks, valleys, and plateaus with weight/health management. I am back to MyFitnessPal for the 3rd time now (thus the 3 in my username). Could I have maintained my regiment last time? Yeah, but I admit that I do best when I have a goal to chase vs. maintaining the goal I reached. Keep your head up and enjoy this phase. :happy:
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think Ive started over ..... Hmm...lost count. I do good...then get distracted...then get mad...then start over... Rinse and repeat. Hoping to break the cycle this time around. Just don't give up.
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about how many time you start over, just don't quit :) In the past 6 years I have started over and over too many times to count. Just strive to make every day better then the one before, and if you stumble just dust yourself off and move on.:)

-Chris
  • my_sweet_baboo
    Options
    I hear that! I've lost track of how many times I've had to start over. It doesn't help when the rest of your family continues with their everyday eating habits, and can get away with it. Plus, even recently, now that I've managed to lose 30 lbs. no body notices. It's disheartening, but I'm not doing it for anybody else but me. And I'm afraid if I don't keep telling myself that, I'll lose my will power.

So, for what it's worth, HERE'S TO US! May the pounds come off, and the pants get smaller! BOO YA!
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hiya love don't beat yourself up....You can start over as many times as you like, and when your truly ready you'll move mountains :)..... MFP personally I think is a great place to start, I've been on here for nearly 6 weeks and the support, ideas, knowledge and determination of some folk is fantastic and an inspiration Welcome.. :)
  • travpsu1
    travpsu1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started last summer then stopped spring semester and I'm starting over too. Keep at it.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    as many as you need to!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Start over till you get it! No judgments or self-flagellation. I started over last week. I "started over" MANY times to quit smoking and FINALLY, 12 years ago, I did it! So, just keep going. If at first, you don't succeed...
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    suggestion - don't look at is as starting over, look at it as acknolwedging you slipped and getting back on track. Starting over kind of suggests to my mind that you stopped. You didn't stop, you just got a wee bit sidetracked and are focused again.

Good luck to you!
  • ricenova
    ricenova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have started over countless times...don't worry. You will be sucessful this time. Keep telling yourself that.
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just think of it this way ......

We all start over every single day! Just add another page to your story!
    :smile:
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    As many times as it takes! I am constantly feeling like I am starting "again" but at least I am still working on it. Give yourself credit for keeping on trucking!
  • fitocordon
    fitocordon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey I think everyone starts over a billion times! Just keep it going and come here for motivation any time...
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You can start over as many times as you need to ;)

The point is to actually do it- whether once or a million.

Good luck!!!
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can start over every day if necessary. I do. I had two bad days this week and I'm starting over today for about the 50th time this year. I weigh daily so I can make changes sooner than only seeing changes weekly. I can see my progress wax and wane quickly.

I made bad choices over the past few days and I will fix that today.

Have a positive mindset. Don't let little setbacks derail you. You can do this. If I did, you certainly can.

Eat in moderation and exercise to the best of your ability. It'll happen.
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again today. 3rd time starting MFP, but many more lapsed weight loss plans in the past. Been trying to lose weight for 13 years now, successfully twice. Determined I will get there eventually
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Start over until you get where you want to be !!! Don't give up
  • 09nat13
    09nat13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Is my second time on Here 2 I know we can do it this time