Too FEW calories?!?

Options
I noticed that I am not meeting my 1,200 calorie goal, usually only eating between 700-1,000 and I exercise every day. Any suggestions for "healthy" calories? I am starting to get a little fruited-out, but I will do whatever is necessary.

Replies

• SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Eggs, peanut butter, milk, nuts, beans, rice, oats, cheese, bread, cottage cheese, ice cream, yogurt
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Have you tried google?

I struggle with it, but I hear it's helpful

good luck OP
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    open up your diary....lets have a looksee
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    protein. straight from the source.

but I can't guarantee that this won't lead to burning more calories.

it's a vicious circle.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want as long as it's not a trigger food for either an intolerance (gluten, dairy, etc) or a binge. I have ice cream or cookies nearly every day and still lose.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    OMG they changed the blue man to a gray man!

OP, I'm wondering how you got to the point where you need to lose weight if you can't even eat 1200 calories?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble meeting your calorie goals, and you're under by that much, then it's more important that you meet your calorie goal than whether or not the added calories come from supposedly "healthier" sources. After you get used to the idea of eating as much as you should be, then start worrying about where they come from. For now, just worry about meeting your calorie goal.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Eggs, peanut butter, milk, nuts, beans, rice, oats, cheese, bread, cottage cheese, ice cream, yogurt

This^

Try putting (healthy) calorie dense foods back in. Fat doesn't make you fat. Dress your salads with real salad dressing..... then add a sprinkle of sunflower seeds (or nuts). Roast veggies in olive oil & garlic. These foods have small portion sizes.

Eat yogurt that is 2% .... not fat free. Whole grains have lots of fiber & nutrients.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options

^^All these things^^

There are plenty of nutrient and calorie dense foods out there that are quite good for you. Don't be afraid of dietary fat either. Your body needs you to ingest some fat every day so it can process fat soluble nutrients. If you don't eat some things that have fat in them you are also depriving your body of a lot of essential vitamins and stuff. So, if you're finding that you're not usually very hungry go for peanut butter or nuts. These are calorie dense and won't make you feel like you're stuffing your face. Personally, my go to when I'm low for the day is to put cheese on everything.
  • ravengal44646
    ravengal44646 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add:
    Avocado
    Coconut Oil
    Butter
    Chicken skin
    Eggs

:love:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Ensure, when all else fails.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options

OP, I'm wondering how you got to the point where you need to lose weight if you can't even eat 1200 calories?
    They're having trouble with balancing food intake, not with eating enough. They're bouncing between way too much and weigh too little, and sometimes it's hard to find a balance.

I recommend peanut butter with your fruit, or finding a treat that you like and having that to round out your calories (like a small cup of ice cream).
  • emily27uk
    emily27uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I say as long as you feel fine and happy then dont eat for the sake of it, its a bad unhealthy habit. Eat when you are hungry and if you have the spare calories.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Avocados, peanut butter, full-fat yogurt instead of lowfat, olive oil. . . .
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

No they didn't, OP is just looking a little pale from under eating.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I say as long as you feel fine and happy then dont eat for the sake of it, its a bad unhealthy habit. Eat when you are hungry and if you have the spare calories.

Not exactly healthy or accurate advice...but it is advice none the less. :flowerforyou:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    king size snickers will help, as it's packed with peanuts and really satisfies.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Tessyloowhoo Posts: 504
    Options
    Even a famine victim KNOWS HOW to eat more calories... come on :noway: It is just a matter of doing it!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046449-tyler-s-tator-tot-casserole
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046449-tyler-s-tator-tot-casserole

You will not regret this!!!

YUM