I need a hummus intervention!!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I cannot stop buying the Sabra jalapeno hummus! The stuff is addicting!!!

Replies

• meshaffer
    meshaffer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If that is the case, never find ROOT hummus. That stuff is SOOO delicious!
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Sorry; I'm a total hummus pusher. I'm partial to Sabra garlic hummus with Triscuit crackers. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    My newest addiction is Trader Joes tomato and basil. Yummy stuff.
  • JacciSimms
    JacciSimms Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I too am addicted to hummus. I've had it almost every day for the past two weeks for lunch with some type of low fat/calorie crackers. I really like the red hot peppers one. HUMMUS LOVERS UNITE!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My fave is the Roasted Red Pepper.
    :tongue:
    I don't think you're gonna find anyone to tell you to step away from the hummus!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Yummm....I LOVE hummus!
  • SarahElittlebit
    SarahElittlebit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Robin I agree...roasted red pepper all the way!!!
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love hummus but no one comes near me after I've eaten it.:embarassed:
  • allief
    Options
    I can't seem to find one I like! I hate buying it because I will have one bite and hate it and end up throwing it out. I need to try Trader Joes - but there aren't any close for me!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I love the Sabra Roasted Pine Nut hummus.....YUM! I eat some everyday......:bigsmile:

Tam...if you find a hummus rehab I'm not going!!!!! LOL :laugh:
  • lmvince
    lmvince Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't help you with that either. I'm addicted to Athenos Spicy Three Pepper with Special K Multigrain crackers. I t hink I'll go have some now.
  • msemejuru
    Options
    I have to make it from scratch twice a week because my whole family is addicted. My husband and kids would finish the little jar from Trader Joe's in an afternoon. My son takes it to school in a Ziploc for dipping his celery so he goes through alot.

My recipe:

2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained
    1/3 cup tahini paste (ground sesame seeds)
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1/2 cup roasted red peppers (buy in jar or roast)
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Mix all in food processor until smooth. I swap the red peppers for tomato and basil to mix things up. Hopes this helps keep your addition flourishing!
  • weightlessness
    Options
    I have a deep love for this hummus I had only one time, it was a saffron hummus from Whole Foods' dip bar. Ugh, so good. I could eat it all day and never get tired of eating it. That's bad, but good hummus does that to you!

I personally think hummus is the least bad thing to get addicted to. Especially if you make your own, because then you control what goes into it! Mmm.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Sorry, I can't help you with that either. I'm addicted to Athenos Spicy Three Pepper with Special K Multigrain crackers. I t hink I'll go have some now.
    evillaugh.gif The deed is done!! :laugh:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have to make it from scratch twice a week because my whole family is addicted. My husband and kids would finish the little jar from Trader Joe's in an afternoon. My son takes it to school in a Ziploc for dipping his celery so he goes through alot.

My recipe:

2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Mix all in food processor until smooth. I swap the red peppers for tomato and basil to mix things up. Hopes this helps keep your addition flourishing!

Thank you Thank you Thank you! My husband and I are in a budget crunch, and I haven't had money for hummus, but I've been looking for a decent recipe. Now I have one! :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I love the Sabra Roasted Pine Nut hummus.....YUM! I eat some everyday......:bigsmile:

Tam...if you find a hummus rehab I'm not going!!!!! LOL :laugh:
    Me either!! CrossedArms.gif

I guess there are worse things to be addicted to!! :tongue:
  • I'm sorry too ... I see no diet issue with Hummus! I love the spicy ones! I've found a brand at a store near me that has a super spicy made with chillis! Hummus is a great source of protein, and if you like the spicy ones it's a little boost to the metabolism. You just have to remember ..... Everything in moderation!! Of course the crackers can blow your carbs, but don't forget that if you buy a multigrain cracker that subtracting the total dietary fiber from the carb total on the box is allowed .... I try to learn all the tricks!! Enjoy that Hummus!!

KIM
  • TamTastic
    Options
    My favs are Josephs roasted red pepper

Trader Joes Chipotle and tomato and basil.

Sabra jalapeno and supremely spicy.

Uh huh!! I'm a bit of an addict!! :embarassed:
  • I have to make it from scratch twice a week because my whole family is addicted. My husband and kids would finish the little jar from Trader Joe's in an afternoon. My son takes it to school in a Ziploc for dipping his celery so he goes through alot.

My recipe:

2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil

This is so great!! Just think of all the substitute additions that could be made for individual tastes!! THANKS!!

• katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!! I JUST AVOID BUYING IT BECAUSE I KNOW I CANT CONTROL MYSELF...cant buy philidelphia cream cheese, ONLY FAT FREE, because its nasty, cant buy babybel cheese or laughing cow, I can eat the whole thing in one sitting, and not i have to stop buying smart balance butter, because i love bread with butter, last night went for 4 slices of that...