The next person who says that muscle weighs more than fat

Options
Fullsterkur_woman
Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
...needs to be boiled in their own pudding! And if people still continue to get it wrong, we'll have to take drastic measures!

Seriously, how can muscle weigh more than fat (full stop)?! Is it that hard to say that a given volume of muscle weighs more than a given volume of fat?!

Cripes, just say "muscle is denser than fat" and you avoid the whole issue neatly!

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    02/10
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sp2apnm.gif
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Danger-Wrong-Way-Turn-Back-300x400.jpg

Really....use the search feature for the forums. This topic has been beaten to death, dug up and beaten again...:ohwell:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Did-someone-say-pudding.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Would this be chocolate pudding? If it's chocolate pudding then I'm in, but I don't really care for tapioca.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Yes! Statements like this directly effect my life. I have a hard time going on living when I hear these things come out of ignorant mouths. Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    In for the crowds reaction....

even though I totally agree!!!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    When comparing the weights of two substances, you usually weigh equal volumes of each substance, and since muscle is more dense than fat, when comparing equal volumes, muscle weighs more than fat...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Did-someone-say-pudding.gif

i stopped reading at "pudding" nom nom
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    How it feels to walk in on OP trying to troll

8hShlYK.gif
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A pound is a pound unless you're defying the laws of physics.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    But muscle does weigh more than fat look at this picture for proof

muscle-vs-fat.png
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    When comparing the weights of two substances, you usually weigh equal volumes of each substance, and since muscle is more dense than fat, when comparing equal volumes, muscle weighs more than fat...

Exactly, one cup of chocolate pudding weighs more than one cup of whipped cream
  • cst573
    cst573 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

BINGO!!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    dead-horse.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think they're just jealous.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    How it feels to walk in on OP trying to troll

8hShlYK.gif

I just spit my water out laughing. Thank-you.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    It's just a weigh (pun intended) of saying that muscle is more dense than fat. It has greater mass, or weight, per unit volume or area, than fat does.

No kidding though...if you weigh a pound of muscle and a pound of fat, they both weigh a pound. All that's doing is arguing for/proving/confirming/supporting the definitiion of the word "pound". Nothing more! It has nothing at all to do with muscle or fat or their unique physical properties--of which different density is one that is real, and set in stone.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Only if you promise to never say carrots have less calories than potato chips. You must only say "given equal volume carrots have less calories than potato chips".

If you are referring more towards the everytime someone is losing weight somebody jumps in and says "you're probably just gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat". Then I agree.