How often do they go on the scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I can see the benefit of just doing it once a week... I'm just not that patient.
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day because I like to see what affects my weight from the previous day, I then take the average number for that week and log that number into MFP.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, once before I pass a bowel movement and once after

Cause you know... I just have to know

i cant be bothered with all that stepping on a scale and whatnot...
    so i just poo on my food scale. much more accurate too.

Genius!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Typically cattle are only weighed when they go up for auction. Even then they can be sold in groups and it's just an estimated weight. They just average them up per head.

ps3000_cattle.jpg
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I weigh every couple of days and log it on MFP every Friday.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, once before I pass a bowel movement and once after

Cause you know... I just have to know

^^^ This! Sometimes even at night before I go to bed just so I can see how sleep affects weight loss. Just sayin' :smile:
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    So........how often should I weigh myself? Some people say once a week, month some people go on every couple days which is it?

T

Who's 'some people'? YOU can decide how often YOU should weigh yourself. I weigh daily, personally. Only log it on MFP every Friday.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Monday and Thursday, but I only log the weight on Thursday. It keeps me in check and I use it as a motivational tool. Just don't let yourself get discouraged if it goes up every once in a while!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Usually once every other week. Unless it's the last couple of days before my period, then I avoid it all together because I always bloat pretty badly then.

The average human's body weight fluctuates up or down a couple of pounds during the day, so I don't see a reason to check weekly when I'm set to lose one pound a week. I may have lost a pound of fat, but fluctuations could make me read as if I hadn't, or even gained. I don't need that kind of confusion in my life.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. If you do weigh that often though, you have to be willing to see some increases that you don't deserve.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh every Friday morning (this is what I log), though check other times as well just to know.

I would suggest avoiding weighing everyday, unless your someone who doesn't get bogged down by not losing/occasionally gaining. I used to weigh everyday, though I was interested in seeing how the foods I was eating affected me- I wasn't only watching to see my weight go down. Some people become too obsessed with the number on the scale- if this is the only method you're using to check your progress then I would strongly suggest weighing either once a week or once a month.
  • tmalikia
    tmalikia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It was a typo, trying to do to many things at once.