5'1" and 165 lbs

Options

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' and about 150 right now, but I started at 180, and my goal is the same as yours - 130! (: I rely on walking for exercise, although I also swim, bike, and play Dance Dance Revolution.
  • CGraceEat
    CGraceEat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nice to e-meet you! I'm 5'5'' and have about 60lbs to lose, but it is going slowly. I LOL'd on your comments about cake and ice cream!!! Haha I understand only too well

One small thing that's been working for me is cutting out sweets and swapping them with fruits. Not as good as cake, but it's growing on me.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 146 lbs. I have been eating more healthy, and I walk a lot.
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am 5 feet. I started at 174 and as of this morning am 141 :happy:
    My goal(right now) is 120 but I want to see how I look.

I have found that watching my calories works much better for me than exercise. So for now I am focusing on diet..
    Feel free to add.
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and ~145. My first goal is to get into the 130's (seriously 139.9 would rock my world!!!) Aiming to taper off my "weight loss" mindset around 130-135 lbs, and from there my primary focus will be on healthy eating and building muscle, with a "trigger weight" of 140.

We can do this!!!

That's awesome! You're current weight is my goal weight...but like you said, seeing 139.9 would be amazing!
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 168... I'd love some support to keep me on track!

I'm almost 40, single working mom to a 14 yr old boy, 10lb 13 yr old cat and 65lb 3 yr old dog. I've been divorced for 10 years, but finally met an awesome guy 4.5 months ago and started packing on the pounds. BUT I did stop smoking which packed on 10 pounds, then I gained the happy weight... ugh.. but you know, if i was sad, I'd gain weight too lol!!!

I'm back at the gym, but struggling with my diet. I was really hoping to be around 145 by my birthday (08/18) but that's just not going to happen. Hoping MyFitnessPal will help me - I did low carb last year, got down to 143lbs and was sooo happy... then couldn't maintain and gained it all back. I'm sure you weren't expecting my life story, but glad to make some friends on here to help each other stay on track! I need it!

I have a wedding to attend on 09/21 and hoping to drop to under 160lbs by then!

30602866.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I love life stories :) We're all so different yet fighting much of the same battles in one way or another. Congrats on meeting your guy...sometimes having a partner there to support and love ya is just the extra motivation we need to keep going!
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weighed in last week at 146. I'm pretty sure tomorrow will show a gain though.

Like you, I'm human and have my bad relationships with food...mostly sweets. Work full-time. Single mama to 2 human babies. After a reality check with my boyfriend, I'm trying to turn this negative energy I've found into something better for me. I know I can do this. I just need to keep at it and don't give up at any cost.

Feel free to add me!! :bigsmile:

Well you've got the right attitude! LOL @ human babies. Its silly I know but I have this idea in my mind that in order to become pregnant I need to lose 30lbs. I mean this 5'1" frame can only carry so much weight :)

Welcome :)
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    You ladies all sound like FUN! I'm 5'3'' and at 174 this morning. Trying to head towards the 140s, but the lowest I ever got was 154 before I started the slow creep back upwards! Hoping to never return to my starting weight of 212!

I'm looking for friends as well, so feel free to add me!

Emily

Wow you've lost some serious poundage lady! Congras!!
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started running for weight loss. The closer I got to my goals the more I realized I didn't have a "skinny" me in my head, but fit. I realized I wanted those fit arms, back and finally a flat stomach. As I was asking around here at MFP I was told weights would get me closer to my goals. Since I started doing the Jillian michaels ripped in 30 with heavier weights than im used to I've lost 3 ish pounds. I started at 143 and was hovering there for months. I'm now at 138 last I checked. My upper body so much more toned. So what I've learned that if it isn't hard, you're not doing it heavy or hard enough. I still run on my "off" days but find I'm better with endurance because of my dear sweet Jillian:) oh and ouch:). I now work out appx 5-6 days a week and walk every day when the weathers nice.

Wow that's amazing!!!! I really need to embrace the "weights" if I want the weight to start melting off :)
    So the workout you do...is this a video you do at home or in the gym?
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi..I am 5'1" and I weigh 169 pounds.. started off way heavier. Add me for support if you like!
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 145lbs now.. I started at 171 back on March 1st.. I started eating within calorie ranch..and working out about 3 days a week. I work full time, but my job is in the grocery business, and I am on my feet 8-10 hrs ..5 days a week. by the time I get home..sometimes I dont even want to think about exercising! I exercise on my days off and maybe another day on top of that..right now I am sticking with youtube and fitnessblender most days.. some heavy HIIT routines and toning workouts.. they have 1000 calorie workouts and man they are rough! I am looking to get to 130 and re evaluate then. .I have been stuck at 142 forever..going up and down 5 lbs, and I'm starting to get frustrated. I am with the person that said they would kill for 139.9!! ME TOOO!!! You can always add me... :) I'm always looking for the motivation..i need all I can get! good luck!

I've never tried youtube videos...now I'm curious! I bought that darn "Brazillian Buttlift" workout set and I'll be honest...its still in the wrapper...but by the DVD player, so in my mind its one step closer to being on the TV :D
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", roughly 170 lbs and mother to a 25# furkid (pug) of my own ;D Good luck on your journey! Add me if you wish :) We have a similar goal, except my overall goal is to get weight to 140 and then work on toning and whatnot. About 1/3 of the way through couch to 5k, so my journey is getting a bit more interesting! Previously was focusing on cal counting :)
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Carmon (AKA Crazy C). I am barely 5 ft on a GOOD hair day. Thus, fun sized/vertically challenged. I have lost 27 lbs on here since Feb 17th (started exercising) & Feb 21st logging food. However, I lost approximately 10+ lbs before that due to have a very bad case of the flu which led to bronchitis in mid Dec to Jan. currently I weight 170 but would like to get back to 120- 130 where I was when I was eating healthy and staying active prior to my two pregnancies and babies, whom are now 6 & 4. Feel free to add me with a msg so I know who you are. Thanks. I look forward to supporting and motivating everyone and getting it back. GL to us all.

:smile:

That's awesome! I'll be honest...I round up on my height. I mean afterall, could you imagine the crazy looks I'd get at the DMV if I told them I was 60.75" lol
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2", and I started MFP at 166. I currently weigh 143 (though I'm thinking there's quite a bit more muscle than I had previously, since I'm wearing pants that only fit me at 135 before). I workout at home with fitness DVDs. Feel free to add me!
  • gillief1
    gillief1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 10in so smaller than you lol. I weigh 170lb and am menopausal so finding it difficult to lose the weight. I've been on and off the site for a while but keep giving up. I'm really going to try now and would love someone to chat to for mutual support.
  • JessekaKing
    Options
    Hello!
    Our # are very similar. I started out at 184. I was about 170 when I joined MFP last May. Currently down to 158.6 lbs. I'm 5'1 as well!
    I rely completely on DVDs and internet for my workouts since I'm a stay at home mom to a wonderful 11-month old boy. My goal is exactly like yours: 145, but will see when I get there if I need to drop more. I'm more concerned with losing body fat! I'm very honest in my diary. If I had cookies late at night, you'll see it though I might not fret about it. There's more about me on my profile, which I believe is visible to all.

Jeez I feel like I'm applying for a job hahahaha!!!

Anyone feel free to add me! :)
    LOL @ applying for a job! Well love having fitness twins...so hopefully through this post we can all find others in the same boat. I mean I love my current friend base, but find that some of their goals are quite different from mine and think it'd be awesome to be able to relate a bit more to our struggles as mini-sized divas!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I'm living proof you can reach you goals. My numbers prove it. I'm 5 feet tall. Still want to lose a few more but it's all about toning this 4p body now
  • Erica_Rae
    Erica_Rae Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 150. Heaviest I have ever been. Feel free to add :)
  • jnieferstutz
    jnieferstutz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'1, 162 which is my best weight in several years. Weight loss comes slowly, and I'm sure PCOS is a contributing factor. I haven't learned to love exercise yet, and living in the desert it's usually too hot for outdoor activities. I'm 44 and mother of 2. I'd love to be mfp friends!
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'0" and at 172 right now. I started at 191, lost 25 lbs, then got pregnant. I've been struggling between 168-174 and have recently started concentrating on my eating. I don't run, though I am considering trying the C2K program. I am also considering doing the 30 day shred just to add something new to the mix. Feel free to add me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!