Focus T25

Options
Nhh2012
Nhh2012 Posts: 21 Member
Has anyone tried focus t25? I love it! It is a new 25 minute workout from shaun t....I'm soooo sore!

Replies

• srrose15
    srrose15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep doing it now - week 5 love it and Shaun T - I acutally got to do the workout with him Vegas LIVE it was AMAZING!!
  • Nhh2012
    Options
    wow...good for you!
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in week three and am loving it! I've never sweat so much in 25 minutes before!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Beach body challenge group, so I don't start it till Monday. I have it just waiting on Monday to get here :)
  • transgeek
    transgeek Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in Week 4 and I LOOOOOOOOVE this workout! Looking forward to the Beta phase and thinking about buying Gamma phase! Good luck!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Ooooh looks neat! Someone may have found her next birthday wish...

To anyone who's done these: Would a carpeted floor work ok, or would you slide too much?? Otherwise it's the cement basement, I think. hmmmm
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

To anyone who's done these: Would a carpeted floor work ok, or would you slide too much?? Otherwise it's the cement basement, I think. hmmmm

Today is the last day that the challenge package is on sell for 30% off. Just letting ya know :)
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options

I do T25 in bare feet on carpet. Works great. I have much better stability and balance that way, and the change in my calves is pretty impressive.

I'm currently in week 3 of T25 and here are some results. All heart rate measurements are per Polar H7 heart rate monitor. VO2 max measurements are estimates based on resting heart rate.

Week 1 - 199 lbs, resting heart rate: 66 bpm, max heart rate: 174 bpm, VO2 max: 41

Week 3 - 197 lbs, resting heart rate: 58 bpm, max heart rate: 194 bpm, VO2 max: 45

I like the results and love the workouts.
  • Nhh2012
    Options
    I love it too...wow its a lot of us...if anyone would like to try it pm me...it is the last day on sale...best workout ever!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm in week four and I'm loving it, too. I'd never worked out with Shaun T before. I love him!
  • Nhh2012
    Options
    any of you guys on fb? I'm nicolehicks-hardin if you'd like to connect there. I'm on week one...
  • dchillin65
    dchillin65 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wait to start next week so I'm on Week 1 Day 2. I workout is intense, challenging and worth it!
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just started this week as well. It's my first Beach Body program. I've been a Jillian disciple and gotten great results from her--just wanted to bump up the intensity and try something different to mix it up. This one is challenging! It's pushing me into the red zone, and I'm already in shape. You will love it--it really delivers in only 28-29 min. a day!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I couldn't wait to start next week so I'm on Week 1 Day 2. I workout is intense, challenging and worth it!

I've been doing insanity, but T25 has been sitting at my workspace for 2 weeks now, it's KILLING ME!!!
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday (so now I'm day 3) and love it so far - its challenging yet SHORT and I'm sweaty afterward and feel like I worked hard. I did Insanity before and was debating another round while wondering how T25 would compare - T25 is a bit more dancy in a sense but I wouldn't compare the two, both are great though - but not very similiar.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I started on Monday (so now I'm day 3) and love it so far - its challenging yet SHORT and I'm sweaty afterward and feel like I worked hard. I did Insanity before and was debating another round while wondering how T25 would compare - T25 is a bit more dancy in a sense but I wouldn't compare the two, both are great though - but not very similiar.
    I've done Insanity as well. Honestly, I think I've progressed more in the past 3 weeks than I did in the first half of Insanity.
  • randrews0407
    Options
    I've done Insanity as well. Honestly, I think I've progressed more in the past 3 weeks than I did in the first half of Insanity.

I didn't lose any weight doing Insanity, I lost inches though and remember being frustrated after month 1 and not having visible results even with intense 40+ minute workouts 6 days per week and following 40/40/20 (sometimes 40/30/30) w/ nutrition. Everyone says wait for month 2 for the magic to happen etc - I can say I was pleased with the program, my strength and endurance improved, when I went back to the gym my old routine felt like a cakewalk.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am going to purchase it this week and start soon :)
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight doing Insanity, I lost inches though and remember being frustrated after month 1 and not having visible results even with intense 40+ minute workouts 6 days per week and following 40/40/20 (sometimes 40/30/30) w/ nutrition. Everyone says wait for month 2 for the magic to happen etc - I can say I was pleased with the program, my strength and endurance improved, when I went back to the gym my old routine felt like a cakewalk.
    Insanity did great things for me, don't get me wrong. I just never reduced body fat very much (not that I'm all that "fat" anyhow). When I compare my notes from Month 1 of Insanity to these past 3 weeks, it's clear that T25, for me, is a much more effective workout.

Or, maybe, Insanity prepared me for what T25 is now accomplishing ;-)

Anyhow, I very much like T25 and highly recommend it for people who are working out at home. Only caution I would make is that this is NOT a beginner workout. If you are just starting a journey on fitness, this isn't the workout for you.
  • randrews0407
    Options
    Insanity did great things for me, don't get me wrong. I just never reduced body fat very much (not that I'm all that "fat" anyhow). When I compare my notes from Month 1 of Insanity to these past 3 weeks, it's clear that T25, for me, is a much more effective workout.

Or, maybe, Insanity prepared me for what T25 is now accomplishing ;-)

Anyhow, I very much like T25 and highly recommend it for people who are working out at home. Only caution I would make is that this is NOT a beginner workout. If you are just starting a journey on fitness, this isn't the workout for you.

I think a beginner may be somewhat frustrated while getting the T25 moves down initially but if they are doing the modified Tanya moves and don't pressure themselves to match the speed of the professionals in the video ... I think it can be suitable for a focused and determined, somewhat fit beginner. I think they'd be less prone to workout related injury with T25 than with Insanity.