Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Where the hell is my pudding?!?!?!
    For heaven's sake, here!!
    PUDDING.JPG
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My best friend today told me if I had to buy ice cream, to buy the smallest pint I could find. :smile:
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My best friend today told me if I had to buy ice cream, to buy the smallest pint I could find. :smile:

Ha!!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    This one time in band camp....
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Seriously, how can muscle weigh more than fat (full stop)?! Is it that hard to say that a given volume of muscle weighs more than a given volume of fat?!
    I suspect the total effort measured is similar to the total effort it takes to assume the speaker/writer knows this already is just omitting any density part when they talk about muscle weighing more than fat. But that's not scientific.

I am curious about being boiled in one's own pudding, though. Please explain.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My muscles weigh more than your fat. Or is it the other way around... :laugh:
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Fat weighs less than muscle
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Did someone say pudding? And who cares? 5lbs is 5lbs but anyone who has a brain and can form coherent thought can figure out when someone says that they mean 5lba of muscle has a smaller volume than 5lbs fat. This is why people say the general statement (especially to females) because "omgz the scale isnt moving but my jeans aren't tight" comments.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't really like pudding so you'll have to boil me in something else. . .maybe bacon!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.....bacon!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I suspect the total effort measured is similar to the total effort it takes to assume the speaker/writer knows this already is just omitting any density part when they talk about muscle weighing more than fat. But that's not scientific.

I am curious about being boiled in one's own pudding, though. Please explain.
    Sorry, I got lost trying to parse your first sentence. Was I supposed to assume an "and" between "knows this already" and "is just omitting"? I'm afraid that's the only way the sentence makes sense to me, but if you meant something else, sorry. And if it takes the same amount of effort to state something clearly and unambiguously as to make an assumption that could trip somebody up (especially a non-native speaker of English), then why the frack not state it clearly?! However, I was just "poking the bear" with this thread, so, yeah...

"Boiled in his own pudding" is just an amusing turn of phrase used to humorous effect by Charles Di ckens in "A Christmas Carol". I just like the sound of it. :glasses:

(ahahaha, seriously?! You edit the name of an author because it contains a "forbidden string"?! Naive algorithms much?!)
  • missability
    Options
    A----FREAKIN----MEN!!!!! A pound, is a pound, is a pound.... PEOPLE!

A 30 gallon bag filled with 1 pound of cotton balls, looks a whole lot different than a 30 gallon bag with a one pound brick in it!!!!

BUT THEY BOTH WEIGH 1 POUND!!!!<<<<Not shouting, well, kinda...sorta.....But JEEZE!

So which would you rather be?

One pound of fluffy, full figured cotton balls? or a nice tight brick!....I pick BRICK!

AS IN "Built like a Brick Shat House" LOL