Replies

• wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ten lbs per dress size for me.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I think it's more or less a matter of inches/measurements. I'm 5'4" and fluctuate between 125-130lb, and I'm normally a dress size 2 or 3. I have a friend, also 5'4" but at 115lb she's also the same dress size.
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think I'm odd. I'm 5'6 , 130 lbs and wear a US 10. I'm large in my bust so I think that's part of the reason, but I think the most I'd go down to is an 8 with about a 10 lb loss. Anymore weight lost and I'd just be too thin. So it definitely varies from person to person.
    Yeah that is different because I am 5'6 and 157~ pounds and a size 10.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I haven't lose weight since I started doing HIIT but I dropped a dress size. Haven't been this small since I was a pre-teen. I'm currently at 149lbs and I'm about a size 8.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person.

I have lost over 20 lbs and have not dropped a size yet. It's very discouraging but I try not to get upset about it. I've been measuring and taking photos, and there is a definite difference but my clothes still fit the same.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    For me, only 1 pound! At 149, I had 29% body fat, 106 pounds lean weight, and I wore size 8. Now I weigh 148, have 20% body fat, and have 118 pounds lean weight. I attend a boot camp 5 days a week (sometimes 6). I also swim (vigorously) at least once a week.

Nice work!!

And that's exactly why it varies so much! :)

Not to mention - I was just comparing notes with a friend who is an elite athlete (one spot away from being on an Olympic team). We're the same height and I'm now about 10lbs heavier than she is. But her thighs are an inch bigger than mine due to all the really heavy weight training that she does - I also have a much bigger chest. So I'm actually able to wear smaller pants in some instances because she needs more room for her thigh muscles.

Like most people have said - there are SO MANY variables to this. You can track your own progress and then have an idea of where your weight will probably come off first if you have to go through it again, but trying to compare yourself to others is probably an exercise in futility.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    how many pounds would you have to lose in order to go down a clothing size. i know its different for everyone but just a general idea would be nice to know. thanks!

10-40 lbs

For me, when I get to the 2x or 3x size range, it can be a very long time before I change sizes, 50-60 lbs.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    For me it's 5-7 pounds in pants/skirts. I gained 35 pounds in the past two years, but only went up three sizes in jeans and one size in tops. I'm 5'11".

But the question is about dresses and they are normally sized for the bust. When I was a teenager, I was a loose size 5 in jeans, but I wore a size 8 in dresses because I had more up top than down below. :) Nowadays I'm a 10 or a 12 depending on how forgiving the material is.
  • cemrani3
    Options
    For me, it's been about 5lbs-10lbs to go up a pant size. (and for a pear-shaped body like me, that's also a dress size)

About 10-15 lbs to go up a shirt size.

I'm 5'9" and have varied between 170-185 for the past 3 years.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Lost 15 pounds, went from a 10 to a comfy 6.

But it varies from person to person so. take that as you will.
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Every one is different.
    It took me 14 pounds to drop a dress size.

This !!!

I `m 5`0 and I started with 155 lbs and size 7. jeans. ( Canada )
    I`ve lost 14-lbs and i`m in a size 5 jeans 139-lbs.
  • debbs1970
    Options
    Now I am at 15.2 pounds total lost which is equalling 2 sizes lost. Current 192.2 = size 14 jean, 12's go up but will not button or zip.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    how many pounds would you have to lose in order to go down a clothing size. i know its different for everyone but just a general idea would be nice to know. thanks!

Well....I'm 5'7, blessed on top and about 20 lbs takes me down to the next size.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    It was about 25 for me to drop from an 18 to a 16. Now I'm in a 14 close to a 12, and that was in only 13 more lbs. So it's very individual, and I don't think it's a set number of lbs even for the same person from size to size. My hips really narrowed when I started lifting, so that may have had something to do with the quick subsequent drop.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    2 years ago, before I shattered my leg, I lost 45 pounds and went down 2 sizes.
  • debbs1970
    Options
    At day 1 of week 6. Current weigh in is 191.5. Total is 15.9 lbs. Start at size 18. Wore my Calvin Kleins size 32 today. Think that translates to a 14, but these are in the size 12 pile of clothing (The biggest end of size 12 pile). (I am the Typical skinny clothes collection holder...sizes down to 4) The other 12's will button and zip but cut in too much to wear outside of home yet. Size 10 pile clothing will go up but not button or zip. Size 8 won't get over hips at all. On the other side, 18's would fall off, 16's are baggy, and 14's are loose pretty much all over the way they should be. Brands of 14's right now: GAP, Dockers, CK, Lee, Target labels. Brands of 12's that are just a bit too tight to wear out: Same as 14's but add Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor and Brooks Brothers.

Water intake is hard for me to do consistently well, but when I do drink more (10+ glasses a day) my "chubba" deposits seem to shrink more. So only 0.7 lbs since last official check in, but the cubic volume of fat seems to have decreased A LOT.
  • leahmariesmom
    leahmariesmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 24 pounds since June 1st, and I have only gone down one dress size from a 20 pants to now a loose 18 pants size. I am just at 200 pounds and still have 60 more to go. Wish you all success and love the support that this site offers.
    Jules
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Well I wish that 15 or 20 lbs put me down a size, because I've lost 29 lbs and I'm still wearing the same clothes I was before losing anything, they are VERY loose though :). I'm wearing a 16W, but the 14s regular size are still too tight. Maybe it is the transition between Plus sizes into regular sizes I don't really know, but it really is depressing. I have a closet full of 14s that I would love to be able to wear!

BTW - I'm 5'7"
  • debbs1970
    Options
    2.5pounds down since two wks ago and 12's now button zip and get worn out of house