Women bike riders

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good bicycle seat? Without providing TMI, bike seats hurt me. I obviously have no issues with the recumbent bikes at the gym but I'd love to ride a real bike outdoors but the seats, again, cause me so much discomfort. :sad:
Any suggestions appreciated!

Replies

• mikeatmichael
    mikeatmichael Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not a woman, but I have noticed that as I lose weight and get more fit the bike experience gets more comfortable overall. The weight loss part is obvious, but when you are putting more of your weight on the pedals instead of the seat and handlebars that helps too.
  • chaoticrunner
    chaoticrunner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, my suggestion isn't about the seat, but rather about pants. They make special biking shorts that have padding in them to make the ride a bit more comfortable. Haven't tried them myself, but my friend raves about them.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I mountain bike and I replaced the seat that came on my bike with a gel seat (but not one of the big bubbly ones). I also bike with shorts that have padding (chamois) inside. My butt thanks me every time I ride! LOL!
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Gel seat and biking shorts. Certainly help me.
  • haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes! Look up Terry Saddles. They're amazing. I have a Terry Butterfly Cromoly saddle and it's extremely comfortable. But also - padded shorts are the bomb.
  • JustKimAMW
    JustKimAMW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got one of the really wide seats about 5 years ago. Wrth every penny! Takes the pressure off, if you know what I'm saying. Lol
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I wear bike shorts