Completely stuck!

No idea what to do. I'm currently on 1470 calories a day. I go to the gym and do cardio for an hour and burn around 600 calories and I usually have 400 calories remaining every day. I do this 5 or 6 days a week. The day or two I don't go to the gym, I seriously binge eat. I eat about 3000 calories on a rest day, which is so wrong. I weight train and do ab work about 3 days a week, I used to do it everyday but I've become unmotivated and lazy. I think I'm eating too much.

I have no idea how much I should be eating or what exercises I should do, everything is becoming a chore and I beat myself about food too much, I weigh around 118 - 120lbs and I'm 5ft 3in and I'm just so unhappy with my body, I just want to get rid of all this fat. I've posted topics before, but I'm just stuck. Help? Advice?

Replies

• Mistyvs
    Mistyvs Posts: 56 Member
    You have some serious issues going on. First off, you are a healthy, normal weight. The fact that you think your fat is a problem. Next, you need to remain consistent with your eating. I don't think you're eating enough. You have a deficit of that many calories, your body will not perform well, nor will you feel well, and you are setting yourself up for bingeing. I think you need to talk to a professional about your body image issues, and start from there. Good luck.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    No idea what to do. I'm currently on 1470 calories a day. I go to the gym and do cardio for an hour and burn around 600 calories and I usually have 400 calories remaining every day. I do this 5 or 6 days a week. The day or two I don't go to the gym, I seriously binge eat. I eat about 3000 calories on a rest day, which is so wrong. I weight train and do ab work about 3 days a week, I used to do it everyday but I've become unmotivated and lazy. I think I'm eating too much.

I have no idea how much I should be eating or what exercises I should do, everything is becoming a chore and I beat myself about food too much, I weigh around 118 - 120lbs and I'm 5ft 3in and I'm just so unhappy with my body, I just want to get rid of all this fat. I've posted topics before, but I'm just stuck. Help? Advice?

We have almost the same stats (height, weight, 3x weights per week)...I am also unhappy with my saggy fat middle (It IS possible to still have excess fat at this weight considering normal for this height is 104 - 135 pounds).

I eat approximately 1700-1800 calories per day and burn approximately 2100-2200 per day (so I keep a deficit of about 400-500 calories per day). This results in one pound per week loss (or somewhere close to that).

Everyone is different...I had been stuck for 6 months but got that bodymedia link to see what my numbers actually were and I found out I was overestimating my tdee by a few hundred so I was eating at maintenance all that time.

Some tips: weigh everything, drink at least 10 cups of water per day, when you set a calorie goal, MEET it for 6 weeks because it takes that long to see if it is right for your body and your wants, and if all else fails, try out that bodymedia (I tried everything I could think of before investing in that but now I wish I had it 6 months earlier).
  • Ah thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate your advice, it is very helpful thank you :D.