I quit...

Options
I quit being fat...

I'm tired of being unhappy and huge and sick.

I'm learning there is no cure all. Sometimes, it feels like everyone can be successful in weightloss but me. I've dealt with this ever since I was 5. But it feels different this time..I believe I'm gonna make it. I've never been this big...If I hit rock bottom, I can only go up from here.

Enough sad talk.

I'm a riot! I'm outgoing, bubbly, and I don't see myself as fat! But I am...so sometimes my self-esteem keeps me from being me...and that has to stop!

Feel free to add me :)

I'm really needing motivators. Some days I get so depressed over this, I just give up.

And well, you know that story.

Replies

• mikemcd22
    mikemcd22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Took a lot of guts to put your post out there! So, are you engaged in a fitness routine of any kind? Sounds like a look at nutrition and a good fitness plan are in your future. Sincerely hope you reach your goals. Good luck.
  • Your post made me really sad. Feel free to add me for what I hope can motivate you. J. You have to understand that your story is way too familiar with others in the failed attemps and struggles. You have to start off my challenging yourself little by little in gaining knowledge of good nutrition verse what your think is healthy. It has taken me 2 years to have gain some knowledge and i am still learning because my body is different than everyones else and because the body does adapt to workout routines. I leaned a lot about food. A good book that I highly recommend is the The Kind Diet. It is a vegan book, however you dont have to be vegan to learn from it. I struggles with my weight before getting control over things but one thing I found out was that I had a medical condition with my thyroid. Make sure that you get medically evaluated and cross out all possibilities of medical conditions. I hope that your succeed in your journey. :)
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    You got this! MFP is a great place to start.
  • Dont give up in what your want!
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great place to start - looking for motivation/support!!! What's your game plan??? I recommend start with one change and do it until you feel comfortable (i.e. just get comfortable logging your food every day or go for a short daily walk and add two minutes each time you go walking - up to 30 min). I will be happy to offer support and encouragement. It will take time, but you can do this!!!

PS I'll send you an FR here in just a sec.
  • Daisy9591
    Daisy9591 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you are brill for posting so honestly! You sound great and Motivated!!! GO YOU.:smile: I will say that I have try all sorts of ways to loose the pounds from a young age and this works. Imagine my shock. I would not classify myself as a silly woman and have even studied the subject, but here we are and it works. Keep going. :flowerforyou:
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    FRIEND me, if you're interested!

-David / BootJockey
    257 Pounds Lost
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post. Keep with it! You can do it!!! You are the only one who can change your health!!!! :)
  • kikalitah
    kikalitah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I could've written this myself. But I also think I'm so ready to do this once and for all. Food is not entertainment. I'm learning to love foods that love me back. You can totally do this. Sending you a friend request!
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I understand completely! I've dealt with being overweight since I was 2, and I too get overwhelmed or depressed and I want to give up, but I don't. I have loads of support on here and I would feel like I'm letting them down.
    Sending you a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you want old ladies as motivators but would love to help you along the way. I'll send you a FR and you can decide.... best wishes to you.
  • lovetiffany
    lovetiffany Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I believe in you, you've got the right attitude and attitude determines EVERYTHING. :) anyone who is looking for motivation is free to add me! :)

Good luck everyone!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You made the first step to being thin. Now, think thin. Eat like a thin person. I suggest you get the book, Eat Fat to Lose Fat and also The Science of Slim. Start reading lots of motivational books and articles, get ideas. Don't get on any fad diet. Just eat good, clean organic food, grass fed meat and good eggs, coconut oil, some olive oil. Exercise within your limits.

Best wishes to you. You will do fine.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    You made the first step to being thin. Now, think thin. Eat like a thin person. I suggest you get the book, Eat Fat to Lose Fat and also The Science of Slim. Start reading lots of motivational books and articles, get ideas. Don't get on any fad diet. Just eat good, clean organic food, grass fed meat and good eggs, coconut oil, some olive oil. Exercise within your limits.

Best wishes to you. You will do fine.

Lol isn't that the latest fad diet?

Feel free to friend me, OP! God luck navigating all the different theories and methods!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well as long as you can pick yourself up and dust yourself off ONE time more than however many times you give up. You will achieve your goals.
  • maddymartinec
    Options
    We're here for you every step of the way!
  • carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    good for you! You've come to the right place! Congratulations for taking the first step
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This was a honest and refreshing :D, request sent!
  • Linda09189
    Options
    you can do it...
  • dcmitchell01
    dcmitchell01 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You got this!! This is a great place to start! I have learned so much about how to make this work from being here.
    Sending you a friend request!