Fitbit question

Options
I am using a Fitbit Flex - and so far it's been syncing up with MFP to track steps and calories. I've been really happy with how the two interact.
However, I recently decided to up my cardio workouts and took a spin class. I went into the FitBit site and logged the spin class as instructed. But I noticed that the information I logged didn't sync up to MFP, do I have to 'double log' my exercise?? Once in each system? That seems really inefficient.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I log exercise on the MFP site - then it syncs over to FitBit rather than the other way around.
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    it should just come over in a lump sum of cals. It doesn't post to your timeline that you did so and so and burn x number of cals. MFP recommends pretty much logging everything over here. I personally only do food and my weight here and log all exercise through FB and just let the two talk to each other. To each their own. It's about finding what works for you.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    All the exercise you log in Fitbit gets included in your Fitbit total calorie burn, which MFP incorporates into your cardio log as a single daily "Fitbit calorie adjustment." No separate activity record.

ETA: I log my exercise through Fitbit, not through MFP. YMMV, but I logged through MFP once and got caught in a loop of duplicate activity records that bumped my calorie burn to over 9,000 for the day.
    9000Techno.gif
  • andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    With my Fitbit One I only track on MFP. When I first started using my Fitbit I had the same problem and double logged for a while. I find MFP reports to the Fitbit web site consistently but I didn't see it going the other way, but it has been 7 months now since I set it up.
  • jenk7356
    jenk7356 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also log on MFP and then fitbit does the rest.
  • pgrewing
    pgrewing Posts: 15
    Options
    If you just started this today, you should know that lots of people have been complaining that Fitbit hasn't been syncing with MFP this afternoon.