Is it just me or is the sugar allowance a little silly?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    how do you think people get fat? over consumption of sugar..., hello!

By eating too much food?

Are you trolling or being just plain ignorant?

did I strike a nerve? everyone knows sugar makes you fat...

I assume you're just being sarcastic or something.

But for anyone who actually doesn't understand

Sugar does not make you fat.

Eating too much food makes you fat.

ndj1979 it's people like you who disappoint me, ignorant and un-educated on nutrition. Then you spread your ridiculous misinformation all over the internet.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I actually use it daily. I changed my limit to 100 grams each day and then manually count how much sugar I get from processed foods vs fruits. It helps me stay accountable if I eat junk food or drink juice. So far, it's helped me bring my sugar content, whether its natural or processed, down to under 75 grams daily. I actually find myself eating healthier because of it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

By eating too much food?

ndj1979 it's people like you who disappoint me, ignorant and un-educated on nutrition. Then you spread your ridiculous misinformation all over the internet.

just because you think processed sugar is good doesn't mean you have to start attacking me...

All I see from you is your personal opinion..not anything backed up by fact...

as I said ..fruit sugar is the only good sugar...
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,838 Member
    Options
    I swapped the sugar tracker out for the potassium, as it is something I need for a medical condition. The sugar tracker bothered me, too, since it seems it takes so little to go over.

I tried this, too, but found that many foods do not include potassium in their nutritional info. For instance, a can of beans has 0 potassium. So don't get too freaked out if your numbers are low.
  • Nar1965
    Nar1965 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question! So happy to see all the great responses and I'm so happy to have learned how to take sugar off my chart (and replaced it with fiber!). Thanks, OP!
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

By eating too much food?

just because you think processed sugar is good doesn't mean you have to start attacking me...

All I see from you is your personal opinion..not anything backed up by fact...

as I said ..fruit sugar is the only good sugar...

You said "bad" sugar makes you fat. That is not true. I could sit here and probably find plenty of credible information, a few sitess so you can learn something.

Leangains.com / rippedbody.jp / http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

have fun
  • hammbone55
    Options
    I stopped it showing on my diary, it was making me feel bad on days I thought I had been good!

Me too!

I did this too.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I increased my sugar to allowance 100 grams a day. Problem solved.
  • zrjp9
    zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I only keep an eye on added sugar, and I try to limit any sugar after 2-3pm. I go way over. Dont pay attention if its good sugars such as fruit and raw honey.
  • ellenaj52
    ellenaj52 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just began being really strict about my sugar intake this past week. Sugar tastes good but that is all. It has NO nutritional value and there is nothing else really positive about it. Sugar is suspect in a lot of disease from cancer to osteoporosis. I think we have just gotten used to eating it and the sweet taste it leaves. I am going to try to keep my sugar intake low. I noticed that a large banana is 20 grams of sugar and a chocolate covered crème filled donut is 14 grams. Thus, the banana has more sugar. Thus, I think we have to be concerned about how much fruit we eat, even though it is packed full of nutrition. I guess having a splurge once and a while can keep us sane. Thus, I am very picky when I eat a dessert. It had better be worth my splurge. I disagree and think sugar intake in the world has gotten out of control. We don't need sugar...we just LOVE the taste!
  • ellenaj52
    Options
    I think it is lower than we are used to but we have become used to eating way too much sugar. Sugar has no nutritional value in most foods. Even fruit can be over done. My mom was diabetic and the doctor told her to also watch how much fruit she ate as sugar is simply just that....SUGAR! Even the natural sugars can be too much. I have been following the sugar recommendations on this site and for the first time in my life my weight has been coming off. So I disagree. Sugar is a poison and for the most part not needed. Neither is the alternative, artificial sweetner any better. We just have to learn not to like the sweet taste so much!
  • ellenaj52
    Options
    Yes too much sugar does make you fat like anything in excess!
  • davenporter
    davenporter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    More than a little silly! Sugar doesn't make you fat. Excess calories do!
  • davenporter
    davenporter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    And sugar does have nutritional value, especially if you do any high-intensity workouts.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/post_workout_carbs.htm