• zrjp9
    zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    @fivethreeone I never knew that...

Probably because it's nonsense. Unless you're lactose intolerant, there's no reason you can't drink cow's milk. There are a bajillion threads out on the forums debating this, so use the search feature and wander through them. I assure you, you'll probably have a few good laughs :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I think raw milk is the healthiest. But it's hard to find. Organic Pastures is sold at a local healthfood store, I sometimes buy it there. Most often though, I use good 'ol full-fat milk from the grocery store. It's great for creaming coffee.

I don't like the milk substitutes, personally, b/c they usually contain carrageenan, which really messes up my gut!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I don't know the healthiest but I really like almond and coconut milk. I don't usually drink cow's milk, It grosses me out these days :/.
    I have bought this awesome almond milk from whole foods by so delicious brand. I'm not sure what they use (some sort of plant protein) to add extra protein to the milk since almond milk has very little protein.

you would hated the school field trip when i was a youngin we went to a dairy farm fresh milk from a cow and goat lol but for your question i drink skim milk 1%
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have recently started using almond milk.

Really nice with my oats and fruit in a morning.
  • sallyalicet
    sallyalicet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to drink alpro almond milk, but now i drink blue diamond almond breeze unsweetened, it's lovely when making lattes and doesn't separate, it's also allot thicker in consistency and taste than other brands. I also love soy milk and usually order it in my coffee if i go to costa/starbucks. The alpro soy milkshakes in little cartons are good too. I've never tried coconut, hazelnut or rice milk but i would like to. Almond milk is the most nutritious milk, but sadly lacks the protein of soy milk. I'm still going to drink it though :drinker:
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened flax milk by Good Karma! They sell it by the half gallon at a few of my regular local grocery stores in the refrigerated section (sometimes the natural/organic section). It's only 25 calories per cup, and full of omega 3's!
  • lharper01
    Options
    Raw whole cows milk is our choice. Yum!