Has anyone 300lb+ tried 30dayshred?

Options
I am just curious if anyone that had tried it that weighs that much in the beginning? I have heard good things about it but I wanted some opinions.

Thanks!

Replies

• Mistyvs
    Mistyvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm not 300 pounds. But I've done it and it is really hard on my knees. There are a lot of jumping jacks and squats and lunges and I would imagine that it would be very difficult for a heavier person to do it because of that. I've never made it passed like day 5 because it hurts in a bad way too much.
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm over 300lbs and I won't be trying it, soon. I am too heavy at the moment for that, maybe once I'm down to the mid-200's or so.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think if you are going to do it, just be very wary of your knees. I'm in pretty decent shape, and it hurts my knees regularly
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I did it while in the low 200s. Wasn't a problem with my knees (and I have achy knees from past years of running), but my ankle did swell up at one point and I had to take a break. If you're going to do it, listen to your body and modify when necessary.
  • qtbabyjj
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I did it at 275. It depends on fitness levels really. I'm heavy but always been fairly active.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I would say go ahead and give it a try. If you find it's hard on your knees or joints, modify the movements to be lower impact.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I've seen my wife do it before. That's waaaay to much stress on the joints if you are 300+ pounds. You should just focus on fixing your diet I get the initial weight down. Maybe some walking or time in the pool.

I'm sure you could tough through it if you were dedicated enough but at the end if the day have fun with your blown out knees down the road.
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    I did it around 310lbs but very modified. I don't do most things that involve the actual jumping. Instead I do whatever arm movements and then a march with my feet to keep both halves of the body moving and way less impact and also jumping seems to not get along with my lungs. It's not a cardio issues cause I can do light jogging and fast elliptical but I start jumping and I can't breath. I also do modified push ups against a wall instead of on the ground. Some of the ab work is too hard with so much fat in the way but I do it the best I can or default to a crunch. All the plank work in level 2 and 3 can be kinda rough but I did okay with it finally and could actually do the moves in full without modifying. I think you should try it and see if you can modify it to work for your body.
  • LillyWillow
    Options
    I'm 326 and about to try it. I go to a crossfit gym already, but need more exercise. I talked to some people in the 300+ group and a few of them have done it. I watched the video on youtube and JM says people over 400 pounds can do it. Just do your best and eventually you will be really good at it.
  • qtbabyjj
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I have tried it, keeping to level 1 for right now and added in some walking.