I need help..

Options
I really need some help with motivation.. I was doing so well lost ten pounds! I just have been under so much stress lately I actually gained 7 pounds back.. I am so discouraged.. I have been so down with everything that has been going on in my life.. It's just too much at one time.. I want to be happy when I look in the mirror I want to be able to go out without being self conscious I would love anyone who knows anything that could keep me motivated enough to start losing again.. I just need a little push.. Thank you in advance to those of you who takes time out of their days to respond.. I love this page so much reading everyone's stories helps me so much I just need to start getting on everyday like I used to.

Replies

• jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think you can start by logging everything you eat. That doesn't take motivation. It helped me realize how many calories (lots) I was eating and it became a challenge to stay under my goal weight (frequently don't do it, but binges are controlled.)

My goal is 1500 calories, which I'm much more comfortable with than what MFP allotted. I've read in forums that you shouldn't limit your calories to 1200 or 1250 because it doesn't allow you to eat things you like.

Good luck! There's lots of support and great ideas out there in MFP.

You're welcome to send a friend request if you want my support.
  • justdoingit13
    Options
    It is another day!!! How you felt and what you did yesterday doesn't matter. Leave the past where it belongs and look forward. One day at a time. Baby step....and stay off the scale. You already know you can do it...you did. Figure out some way to cope with the stress eating. The other night around 9 I wanted to eat about two of the leftover cheeseburgers in the frig. so I took a bottle of water and got in the car and ran some errands......grocery, library drop off, post office, filled the car with gas, balanced my check book, made a bank deposit. By the time I got home I was fine and headed to bed no problem. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • LillyWillow
    Options
    It's hard to lose weight when you have a lot of stress in your life. Sometimes it helps to talk with a friend or family member who knows you and what's going on in your life. Just do your best and if you screw up one day eating, tomorrow is a new day :smile: Keep trying and don't give up!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When I need motivation I like to go through the success stories on here. There are a lot of people who have overcome so much and have found success. Everyone struggles and has their ups and downs with diet, exercise and life getting in the way. You have to make sure that you are your number one priority and that you're taking care of yourself. This is really a time to be selfish. If I don't put myself and my workouts first, that's when I start to slip back into old habits.
  • VegasTaxiDriver
    Options
    Hey everyone I live in las vegas and always looking for new mfp friends add me if you like
  • TheFatFox
    TheFatFox Posts: 126
    Options
    feel free to add me.