INSANITY - How much I should be eating? Really need help.

Options
panano
panano Posts: 62 Member
Hey all - I'm on my 8th day of INSANITY (Tuesday of the 2nd week) and I'm concerned that I'm either not eating enough, or eating too much. The scale hasn't budged (though I'm not worried too much about that because I'm positive I'm retaining water - I just feel bloated all the time), and I just don't feel 100% yet. By doing the formula, supposedly I should be eating 1900 cals a day? This seems ludicrous. I'm 4'10", 16, and currently weigh 132 lbs. Could someone help me with the math on this?! Right now I'm eating 1500 and feel STUFFED by the end of the day...
Also, anyone that's done INSANITY, or a program like it - Shakeology: worth the money, or no? I'm very seriously consider it. However, I'm trying to save my money for college, and that much money on a nutrition shake seems like such a waste.

Thank you for your time, responses are very much appreciated.

Replies

• clo92boom
    clo92boom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm currently in the recovery week of insanity. Don't worry at all about the scale not moving yet, everything I've read about insanity says it's common to not see a difference until month 2 or even to gain a couple of pounds because of muscle soreness causing water retention. I'm a similar weight to yourself and would imagine that as we don't have a ton of weight to lose the process would be slower anyway.
    Unfortunately I can't help you with how much you should be eating as I personally haven't stuck to the nutrition plan, however, I've read that people who find themselves not losing weight often see a drop once they up their calories to the recommended amount. I know it seems weird that increasing calories could make you lose weight but your body needs fuel on such an intense program

Hope that helps a little!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Give it time! Do you have your macros set to 40% carbs 40% protein 20% fat? That seems to be the average macro calculation... It worked for me.... Stick with it!