Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for friends who...

smelons
smelons Posts: 450 Member
...make the majority of their food from scratch. I try to make most of my food from fresh ingredients, when possible, so would like to see other people's diaries who do the same. Anyone? :)

Replies

• I make the majority of my meals from scratch for a few reasons in addition to my weight loss goals. I especially make my sauces. smoothies and side dishes from scratch. The other day I made cocunut chicken curry that was fabulous.
  • smelons
    Added! Coconut chicken curry sounds delicious...
  • smelons
    Any other takers?! Would like some more UK friends, so I know what the ingredients are.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    my husband and I make homemade Indian food usually, I'm still learning though!!! Messed up some dough today lol
  • robnfc
    robnfc Posts: 17
    I try to make things from scratch.....but I make some really bizarre concoctions when I'm cooking.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    my husband and I make homemade Indian food usually, I'm still learning though!!! Messed up some dough today lol

Logging Indian food is a nightmare therefore i have stopped eating most of it even though i live here!:grumble:
  • smelons
    Indian food and bizarre concoctions. Sounds good to me! I've added you both. :)
  • EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    Hi there,

I make most of my meals from scratch. I'm actually really enjoying cooking at the moment. Feel free to add me :)
  • smelons
    Added!
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Most of my foods are clean and most recipes from scratch. I eat rather simple, lots of veggies. I don't use anything canned except for tuna. Packages, hmm, nothing really aside from rice crumbs, 80% cocoa chocolate and 100% Rye bread from a bakery and the occasional ice cream.

Add me if you wish!!
  • sam308lbs
    So i don't get a friend request ??
    tumblr_mk2sjfguDv1s2whrio1_500.gif

jk i can't handle the friends i have already
  • smelons
    Most of my foods are clean and most recipes from scratch. I eat rather simple, lots of veggies. I don't use anything canned except for tuna. Packages, hmm, nothing really aside from rice crumbs, 80% cocoa chocolate and 100% Rye bread from a bakery and the occasional ice cream.

Add me if you wish!!

Added!
  • smelons
    So i don't get a friend request ??
    tumblr_mk2sjfguDv1s2whrio1_500.gif

jk i can't handle the friends i have already

Ahhh, I'm sorry. :) I thought you weren't soliciting for friends, just commenting...
  • sam308lbs
    yea i wasnt.I was fooling around and i even wrote that.Read below the gif :)
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Hiya, I'm in the UK and make most things from scratch, feel free to add me :-) Just noticed on your profile you are on Candida diet......I had to do that for a couple of years for health reasons.... it's tough :-( Not as strict now as I got better but I still avoid sugar and yeast as much as I can now so I don't get ill again.

Trouble is with cooking from scratch is that my diary shows lots and lots of ingredients but you'll have no idea what I turned them into!!! Sometimes takes forever to log but at least I know it's as accurate as I can get it X
  • BonnieandClyde29

Logging Indian food is a nightmare therefore i have stopped eating most of it even though i live here!:grumble:

There is an Indian market where we live so some things I can scan on the new barcode which is AWESOME!!! I hate trying to find stuff I cant even always pronounce lol, but they have a lot of indian food surprisingly well especially what we eat, I messed up some roti's/chobatis bad today lol!!!
  • smelons
    Hiya, I'm in the UK and make most things from scratch, feel free to add me :-) Just noticed on your profile you are on Candida diet......I had to do that for a couple of years for health reasons.... it's tough :-( Not as strict now as I got better but I still avoid sugar and yeast as much as I can now so I don't get ill again.

Trouble is with cooking from scratch is that my diary shows lots and lots of ingredients but you'll have no idea what I turned them into!!! Sometimes takes forever to log but at least I know it's as accurate as I can get it X

Added! I've been doing the Candida diet (I use that term loosely now, as I'm not as strict as when I started) for about 3.5 years now, so I'm used to it now. Even if I eventually stop doing it, I can't see myself eating sugar or drinking alcohol again.

Don't worry, my diary's the same. I generally log every ingredient, but often it's in a recipe, so I can use it again.
  • sam308lbs

There is an Indian market where we live so some things I can scan on the new barcode which is AWESOME!!! I hate trying to find stuff I cant even always pronounce lol, but they have a lot of indian food surprisingly well especially what we eat, I messed up some roti's/chobatis bad today lol!!!
    well thats a lot better than anything we have goin on over here.Most delicious food is such that they don't even bother putting up a Nutritional chart on the back side arrgh
  • BonnieandClyde29

well thats a lot better than anything we have goin on over here.Most delicious food is such that they don't even bother putting up a Nutritional chart on the back side arrgh

aww I'm sorry!!! My husband was there for like 6-7 months last year and everyday he would text me and say all I want is some ihop pancakes lol, the american diner wasn't doin it for him!! He is lucky and eats whatever he wants (mostly sweets), and I have to be like please get that away from me!!! and he looses weight, not fair!!! lol