How many calories is your breakfast?

Options
How many, or what percentage of your daily calories are you eating for breakfast?

I am really struggling with breakfast. Most mornings I have been eating one egg, 2 this slices of lean ham, 1 piece of cheese and a half of a whole wheat flat bread with flax. But I hate eggs, which is why I need the cheese to wash it down. Today I tried making oatmeal, I added 1/8 c. walnuts, some raisins, 1/2 c. 1% milk and 2tsp honey = just under 400 calories which just seems like a lot to consume before 9am when I look at with the 1360 calories I get for the whole day.

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Mine is usually between 200 and 300 per day. My diary is open if you wanted to take a look. :)

I'm on a 1440 plan.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Better Oats Oat Fit oatmeal from Costco: 100 calories
    Danon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt with Strawberries or Blueberries: 80 calories
    24 oz water: no calories.

Keeps me going through my morning swim and on until lunch.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I don't eat that much for breakfast, usually 150-200 calories, but I tend to eat again by 10-11 am.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I only have a little something to kick start my day - Usually a Ryvita or some fruit, or a boiled egg. That's largely down to the fact that I can't be bothered to prepare something to bring to work with me. At the weekend it's usually always some sort of eggs before a workout!
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    I usually go for around 200-400cals for breakfast.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I aim for about 300 calories for breakfast. About half before I work out.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I know many people will say it is wrong, but most of the time I don't have breakfast. I don't feel hungry at all in mornings. If I do eat something it is a bowl of cereal with skim milk or a fiber bar or yogurt. I drink lots of water in the morning because I am always thirsty after a night's sleep (lots of sinus/ allergy problems that swell up my nose during the night so I am a mouth breather when I sleep).

You asked what breakfast was, not what we thought it should be. :drinker:
  • spunkybunny
    spunkybunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat 1470 calories a day and breakfast is usually in the 300-400 calorie range.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have 2 slices of wholemeal bread (176 calories total from packet information) and 2 boiled eggs (140 cals total from egg box info)

grand total of 320 calories for that breakfast

my 2nd favourite breakfast is a honey, oat & raisin bagel toasted which is 235 calories and a laughing cow cheese triangle light version which is 25 calories making a grand total of 260 calories

my final breakfast is a bowl of 30g of rice crispies with skimmed milk which comes in at a grand total of 180 calories including the milk

when i eat the eggs & toast (320 calories) I find i dont even want lunch and dont even think about food until i have my evening meal at 6pm, however I usually eat fruit or a bowl of vegetable soup for lunch and nothing else

my lunch would be one banana or a bowl of weight watchers soup under a 100 calories
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Usually close to 900 kcal :)
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    600 - 800 calories which is usually just about half of what I eat in a day. And sometimes "breakfast" is at lunch time.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I don't designate certain amounts of calories per meal, nor do I always eat in the morning. My eating schedule is pretty laid back and that works great for me :) Today I'll be breaking my fast at around 11am with refried black bean/whole wheat tortilla burritos. Calories will come in at around 390.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I usually only have a protein shake - 190 calories
    This morning I changed it up a bit and had 1/2 cup Oatmeal with 100g of Strawberries and 2 tsp sugar. It was fantastic. 222 calories.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I tracked my habits before I started really trying to lose weight. I found the breakfast (which I frequently forced myself to have) did me no favours, so I stopped. I maybe have about 50 calories in semi-skimmed milk in my coffee :)
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mine is generally around 350 on weekdays and 400-500 on the weekends depending on the morning. But that 350 is pre-gym and post gym i have a 220 cal protein shake which goes in the breakfast category as well. :)
  • kellygeorge8182
    kellygeorge8182 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    breakfast and morning snacks tend to be at least a third of my intake for the day - usually between 400-500 calories total. i'm an early morning cardio/runner, and find that i need the protein/fat more in the morning than throughout the day - i'm also hungrier in the morning than i am throughout the rest of the day. typically, i have oatmeal with almond milk, a hard boiled egg, and nonfat plain greek yogurt with blueberries.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    About 1000-1200 calories.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I make myself a smoothie with a cup of skim milk, a banana, and blueberries. I add water in it to so I can have more. And, I have some protein, either two scrambled eggs or peanut butter on a spoon. With eggs, it equals 415. With pb, it equals 375. Protein is so important I'm finiding to keep me from feeling hungry all day so I try to have it with each meal. Sometimes I have just a yogurt cup and a fruit of some sort.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I usually have an egg white whole wheat muffin with coffee, which is about 300 calories.
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat between 300 and 500 calories for breakfast. Sometimes more if we go out to a restaurant--those days I just make sure I work out. <3