Your not supposed to eat at your desk (IDEA'S PLEASE)

Options

Replies

• thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Fish and Chips with a side order of curry sauce
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    but you can sneak something, what type of snacks would you suggest? I work in a doctor's office and not supposed to have food at your desk, so I am asking if anyone has any good ideas for snacking during that day that I can kinda hide but still get to snack.

Thank You
    seriously? have a talk with your bosses about getting a break now and then so you can eat, or get another job.

if you're not allowed to eat at your desk, then you're not allowed to eat at your desk. So your question shouldn't be "how can i sneak around and still eat" but "how can I get my bosses *the doctors* to understand that some people need to eat every X hours"

(I worked someplace once as a temp where we weren't allowed to eat at our desk OR drink coffee cause BigBoss once got an orig document from someone that was covered with coffee stains. BUT he told us we can take as many breaks as we need, as long as they are in the break room. and believe it or not, this privilege was not abused)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    If you work in a doctors office you probably should not be bringing in nuts of any description because of possible patient allergies? Do the smoothie/protien shake thing, or find a new job.

Definitely agree with this. Nuts are not a good option because of where you work. Some people have serious allergies, I think you're more likely to be in contact with those people in a doctors office.

Just eat more at your meals? Healthy and filling foods with loads of protein to keep you fuller longer.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    but you can sneak something, what type of snacks would you suggest? I work in a doctor's office and not supposed to have food at your desk, so I am asking if anyone has any good ideas for snacking during that day that I can kinda hide but still get to snack.

Thank You

A couple of things: First, learn that YOUR is possessive, and YOU'RE is the contracted form of you are. Next, go to another room to have your snacks.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options

make sure it's leftover fish from last week and reheated in a microwave, that makes it smell less
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I wish I could work there because it totally grosses me out when people eat at their desks in the workplace. Ick.

I'm assuming you are on some kind of "six tiny meals" plan or something along those lines. But how about having a tiny bit larger breakfast and lunch?

good thing you're not my coworker then because i eat at my desk every day and i'm NOT ASHAMED! :laugh:

Yep.... me too! Eating at my desk right now! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drinker:
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I say you're probably entitled to a break! So, step out in the hall, or better yet, take a walk in the parking lot and eat whatever you like. If there's a rule about not eating, follow it!
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I wish I could work there because it totally grosses me out when people eat at their desks in the workplace. Ick.

I'm assuming you are on some kind of "six tiny meals" plan or something along those lines. But how about having a tiny bit larger breakfast and lunch?

good thing you're not my coworker then because i eat at my desk every day and i'm NOT ASHAMED! :laugh:

Agreed, I eat probably 3 different snacks at my desk daily. Or lunch if I'm on a conference call.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Just finished eating my oatmeal at mine!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options

Thank You
    seriously? have a talk with your bosses about getting a break now and then so you can eat, or get another job.

if you're not allowed to eat at your desk, then you're not allowed to eat at your desk. So your question shouldn't be "how can i sneak around and still eat" but "how can I get my bosses *the doctors* to understand that some people need to eat every X hours"

(I worked someplace once as a temp where we weren't allowed to eat at our desk OR drink coffee cause BigBoss once got an orig document from someone that was covered with coffee stains. BUT he told us we can take as many breaks as we need, as long as they are in the break room. and believe it or not, this privilege was not abused)

This. Workplaces have policies for a reason. Eating at your desk can promote the spread of bacteria from you to patients and from patients to you (when you handle the patient's forms, cash, debit card, etc, then eat your food without washing your hands). It is extremely important in a doctor's office to practice good hygiene practices. Talk to your boss about how you can get a quick snack in a couple of times a day, and wash your hands before and after.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    i notice that snacking at my desk never ends well. i would advise eating better rounded meals to prevent eating at your desk and drink fluids to avoid getting cravings.

for me: eating at my desk means I'm mindlessly eating and not paying attention to my portions.
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know you're looking for snacky ideas, but maybe you should try making a meal schedule. most companies give you two 15 minute breaks per 9 hour day. try breakfast then break then lunch then brak then you get off work. i eat every 3 hours, luckily with my job i just get up and go to the breakroom and eat, but it's not this long sit down enjoy my time kind of thing its more of heat my food, sit and eat it and then clean up and go back to my desk. hope this gives you an idea
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Thank You

A couple of things: First, learn that YOUR is possessive, and YOU'RE is the contracted form of you are. Next, go to another room to have your snacks.

umm...I am not seeing the error, grammar nazi. First, learn to correct things that are actually incorrect. Next, QFT. :noway:

ETA I see now the TITLE is incorrect, but the paragraph is not. The above still applies.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Baggies of nuts

I love nuts, but they are too moreish for me and I cannot stop at just a few, they are too high in calories to have as snacks for me :(

Almonds = 576 100g
    Cashews = 553 100g
    Peanuts (unsalted) 318 100g
    Brazils = 656 100g
    Pistachios = 526 100g
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Thank You

Love...!

Anyhow... Id be picking anything, grapes, crackers, smoothies, protien bar...
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Don't think I was asking for an English lesson, thank you.
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i notice that snacking at my desk never ends well. i would advise eating better rounded meals to prevent eating at your desk and drink fluids to avoid getting cravings.

for me: eating at my desk means I'm mindlessly eating and not paying attention to my portions.

Really?

We are "encouraged" to eat at our desks (ha!) and I just literally finished my PB toast and am mowing down a peach for my breakfast.. the only meal I don't eat at my desk is lunch and that is only occassionally.

Sometimes it is unavoidable!
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well I see this was a useless post, but thank you.

Yes I can drink at my desk as long as there is some type of covering on the cup,

I was going to try having 6 smaller meals, but that will not work I see.

Nuts are out due to allergies, and would of been a great idea thank you.

We get a 45 minute lunch break instead of 30 minutes with a break due to the volume in the office, I have 6 doctors and 4 nurse practioners so they decided on 45 minute lunch instead.

And I asked about snacking because it is a little easier to sneak then having a REAL meal.

So thank you to those who gave me some idea's.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Well I see this was a useless post, but thank you.

Yes I can drink at my desk as long as there is some type of covering on the cup,

I was going to try having 6 smaller meals, but that will not work I see.

Nuts are out due to allergies, and would of been a great idea thank you.

We get a 45 minute lunch break instead of 30 minutes with a break due to the volume in the office, I have 6 doctors and 4 nurse practioners so they decided on 45 minute lunch instead.

And I asked about snacking because it is a little easier to sneak then having a REAL meal.

So thank you to those who gave me some idea's.

Perhaps one of those protein drinks would be okay then OP!
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    and plenty of vinegar on the chips...