How do you do your chicken?

Options

Replies

• tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Slice it up, saute with fajita seasoning, onions & peppers. Eat with brown rice or in a wrap.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Slice it up, saute with fajita seasoning, onions & peppers. Eat with brown rice or in a wrap.
    Yum, that sounds delicious.
    How did you train that ant?
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not sure if someone posted this one above...
    My favorite is called "chicken bombs"
    Flatten a chicken breast (pound)
    cut a jalapeno pepper in half and remove seeds
    stuff the pepper with low fat or ff cream cheese
    place both the pepper side by side on the flattened chicken
    roll it up and place one slice of bacon around the chicken
    Bake at 350 for about 20 min. or until done
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    i refer to skinnytaste.com for recipes alot. There are all kinds of recipes and many show the calories and such to take the guess work out of it

Thanks for that website! I love some of those recipes for chicken!!!!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Spray chicken breasts with One cal Barbeque spray and grill.
  • 09nat13
    09nat13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    4 tsp brown sugar
    12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 clove garlic
    2 Tbsp butter
    Dash black pepper

Tips

Directions

This makes four servings, 3 oz per person
    1. Melt the butter in a frying pan
    2. Brown the garlic in the butter
    3. Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding pepper as you like it.
    4. When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast
    5. Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes)
    6. Serve with your favorite carb, and veggie or salad. We usually have rice or noodles and carrots or green beans.

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 166.4
    Total Fat: 8.0 g
    Cholesterol: 68.2 mg
    Sodium: 87.7 mg
    Total Carbs: 4.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
    Protein: 19.4 g
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This is not grilled chicken, but I it needs no butter or oil and turns out quite tasty:

Creamy Tarragon Chicken (I did steal...ahem, adapt this recipe from a WW cookbook, but it is amazingly easy and so yummy with brown rice and some fresh, steamed veggies)

Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw, 12 oz
    Chicken Broth No Msg Added 100% Fat Free, 1/2 Cup
    Fat Free Half & Half, 1/4 Cup
    Gold Medal - All-Purpose Unbleached White Flour, 1.5 tsp
    Mccormick - Tarragon, 1/2 tsp
    Morton - Iodized Table Salt, 1/2 tsp
    Spices - Pepper, black, 1/2 tsp

Serves 3 - I make dinner for two and tomorrow's lunch for me, but can easily be doubled for a crowd.
    Per Serving: 157 cals

1. Whisk Chicken Broth, Half n Half, Flour, Tarragon and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Set aside.
    2. Pound chicken breast/cutlets to even thickness between wax paper. Spray both sides of chicken with cooking spray, sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
    3. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
    4. Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes or until reduced by half, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Serve sauce over chicken.

Yum!
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I don't use herbs and salt, so I just put chicken into the oven. Things taste better without salt and stuff. In my opinion.
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Pound out 3 oz chicken breast until it's about 1/2 in thin. Sprink with salt & pepper, top with 4-6 basil leaves and 3 thin slices of tomato (add salt free seasoning/herbs on tomato, if you like). Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes. If you have room for the calories, top with fresh mozzerella before you bake. Great with or without a little balsamic vinegar drizzle when they're done.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do a dry or wet brine for 1-2 days

I always spatchcock poultry ( removing the backbone and cracking the breastbone to flatten ), loosen the skin and poke holes in the skin helps with texture ( gives places for the fat to render out gives a crisper texture ), depending on the cuisine I'm going for sometimes I use a compound butter with fresh herbs under the skin.

The chicken should be seared for 5-6 minutes per side and finished either oven on the same pan used to sear at 350 20-35 minutes depending on thickness looking to get 155-160 and finish on residual heat. ( removing it at 165 or higher from the oven and you have ruined it ) then its rested on a platter while I form a pan sauce or wine reduction.

( can also be finished over indirect heat over wood adding some classic smoked flavor or done on a cast iron grill pan )

** always use stainless or cast iron if your using non-stick your doing it wrong... **

My favorite is shallot sweated in unsalted churned butter then finished with a white wine reduction and couple glasses of 2009 Chateau du Pape

/end thread
    :)
  • eshla
    eshla Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My family and I love Cola Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup ketchup
    1 can diet cola

Mix soda and ketchup together, pour over chicken. Cook covered for about 40 minutes, remove lid, shred up chicken and let it cook for a few more minutes for the sauce to thicken.

Yum!!
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having baked spinach and tomato chicken from here: http://www.mykitchenescapades.com/2012/10/spinach-and-tomato-chicken.html

10 ounce bag of baby spinach
    3 Tb chicken broth
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    salt and pepper
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    italian seasoning
    1 large tomato, cut into large chunks
    5 green onions, chopped
    1/3 C fresh parmesan cheese, grated

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the spinach in the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking pan. Drizzle over the chicken broth and sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken over the spinach and season very well with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning. Add the tomato and green onion then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese over the whole dish.
    2. Take a piece of foil and loosely tent it over the top of the pan. Do not seal the edges of the foil to the pan. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately, drizzling the pan juices over the top of each serving.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been using steak seasoning on chicken prior to grilling it; McCormick makes a really good one. I also like to marinade in olive oil, pepper, garlic, and steak seasoning; combine all in ziploc bag and seal then "move" it all around to coat the chicken (leave in bag for at least 30 min prior to grilling)... so yummy!
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Plenty of lub... oh... -Cooking- chicken... right...

To be honest, I don't cook much chicken. I find it to be a huge hassle to work with, especially in regards to cross-contamination. Which sucks when you're germphobic. Usually, my boyfriend cooks the chicken. I think most of the time we have karaage. Not the most healthy thing, I know, but easy for him to make.
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    Pound out 3 oz chicken breast until it's about 1/2 in thin. Sprink with salt & pepper, top with 4-6 basil leaves and 3 thin slices of tomato (add salt free seasoning/herbs on tomato, if you like). Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes. If you have room for the calories, top with fresh mozzerella before you bake. Great with or without a little balsamic vinegar drizzle when they're done.

:love:
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    BUMP for the recipes
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas later.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    We sautee ours using white wine and Land o' Lakes sautee express (butter with seasoning in it). Or if we don't have any of that, we just use REAL butter, white wine, rosemary and thyme.

I will also cook it in a little bit of olive oil, cut it up and serve over pasta with marinara and Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese (my version of Chicken Parmesan). Mmmm, now I'm hungry, might have to make this for dinner tonight.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I always spatchcock poultry ( removing the backbone and cracking the breastbone to flatten )

100_4111_zps88ecd9fd.jpg

I am a fellow spatchcocker but bake the chicken on a bed of veggies. Here's my recipe with instructions and links to a good video from Weber grills about how to do it.

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/moist-roast-chicken-butterflied.html

If you click on any of the little pictures in the recipe they will zoom.