Craving Pumpkin Pie

Options
kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
Does anyone have any good recipes for a pumpkin tart or something? I'm really craving those fall flavors but want an healthier alternative!

Replies

• fun_mom
    Options
    There is a book I bought called Eat What You Love by Marlene Koch. It has great recicepes of food that we love to eat but which are low in sugar, fat and calories. There is a Pumpkin Pie Milkshake that I haen't made yet but sounds great!

1/3 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup low fat milk
    1/2 cup light, no-sugar added vanilla ice cream
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspon of nutmeg
    pinch of ginger
    1/2 cup crushed ice

Place all ingredients except the ice in the blender. Blend to mix. Add crushed ice and blend on high until the ice is completely incorporated.

Calories 180
    Carb 28g
    Sugars 12g
    total fat 4.5g (sat fat 3g)
    protein 8g
    fiber 4g
    cholest 15mg
    sodum 135mg

There is also a pumpkin bread in here too but it's too long to type ;)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Mousse Pie

1 cup of fat free milk
    1 package of fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 can of pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
    1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip Fat Free thawed
    1 reduced fat graham cracker crust.

In a large bowl, beat milk, pudding mix and spice with a wire whisk for 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk in pumpkin. Fold in half of whipped topping. Spread in crust.

Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Store in refrigerator.

1/8 slice is about 176 cals with a 32 g total carbs. you can find all the details in MFP as I entered all of it.
  • somethingvague
    Options
    I don't have any recipes...since I've never tried pumpkin pie. Haha. But I know Kashi makes Pumpkin Pie granola bars...my brother loves them (and I've seen him eat a pumpkin pie in one sitting so he knows his stuff, haha). So that would be a healthy alternative on the go...at least until the holidays come :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I Have a great crustless pumpkin pie reciepe have to find it. I love pumpkin and the spices. Try adding pumpkin into your oatmeal or oatbran with cinnamon nutmeg and cloves or pumpkin pie spice it is awsome. The last time I went to the store she told me there was going to be a pumpkin shortage :-( I wanted to make my breakfest with it. I love it ! !!! plus pumpkin is so good for you
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For me, there's nothing like pumpkin pie. Here's a low cal version.

1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
    1 can (12 ounces) fat free evaporated skim milk
    Egg substitute equal to 2 whole eggs
    2 egg whites
    3/4 cup splenda, granulated
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/2 cup reduced fat graham cracker crumbs
    Fat free cool whip (optional)

Recipe

In a large bowl combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg substitute and egg whites. Beat until blended and smooth. Mix in Splenda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and nutmeg. Blend well. Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Spray a 10-inch, high-sided pie plate with butter-flavored, non-stick spray. Pour pie filling into pie plate. Bake in pre-heated 325-degree oven for 45-55 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Cool pie and refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped topping if desired.

PROTFITNESS: Would love to have the recipe. :)
  • megan_mp
    Options
    Pumpkin Mousse Pie

1 cup of fat free milk
    1 package of fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 can of pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
    1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip Fat Free thawed
    1 reduced fat graham cracker crust.

In a large bowl, beat milk, pudding mix and spice with a wire whisk for 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk in pumpkin. Fold in half of whipped topping. Spread in crust.

Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Store in refrigerator.

When I did Weight Watchers I made this for myself at Thanksgiving. I omitted the pie crust though and just put it in the pie plate without it. I believe I used the big Jell-o box to make sure it was thick enough. If I felt the need for graham cracker crust, I just sprinkled some crushed graham crackers on the top of it,

The ENTIRE "pie" is very low in calories, so you can eat it without much guilt creeping in...
  • chelleim
    Options
    Yum! Pumpkin Pie!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keep em coming!
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the recipe! Sounds yummy!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • SarahElittlebit
    SarahElittlebit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You could always get the flavor through a pumpkin soup as well.
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This sounds good, what size of canned pumpkin though. I am assuming a small can.
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump!!:drinker:
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I make the recipe on the side of the LIbby Pumpkin PIe (15oz) and make it as directed. I just don't bake it in a pie shell. That's where the majority of fat and calories are anyway.

Now I'm craving it, so I'll probably make it yet tonight. I've been wanting pumpkin bars, but the pie without the crust is much healthier.
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you are on a high protein diet.. this one is from muscle and fitness hers..

INGREDIENTS

2 Scoops Vanilla whey protein
    1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
    3 Egg whites
    ½ Cup Oats
    1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
    Stevia to taste to desired sweetness

INSTRUCTIONS

Spread the Oats evenly on the bottom of a pie pan. In a mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Pour over the oats and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until firm.

NUTRITION FACTS

For The Whole Pie:
    Calories: 475
    Fat: 3.5 grams
    Carbs: 48.5 grams
    Protein: 76 grams
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    The other day I added a couple tablespoons canned pumpkin to Fage 0% greek yogurt, and a few sprinkles of pumpkin pie spice and a packet of Splenda and it was the best substitute I've found!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    bumping, I was craving pumpkin and you all didn't let me down! Gonna try that high protein pie :tongue:
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    bumping!! that pumpkin mousse pie sounds fantastic... guess what i'm making for thanksgiving!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust

Ingredients

1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
    2 Tbsp pecans toasted and ground (can be done in a coffee bean grinder)
    1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
    2 whole eggs
    1 Cup of canned pumpkin
    ¾ cup of evaporated skim milk
    ¼ cup of apple juice concentrate
    ¼ cup of brown sugar
    ½ tsp ground cinnamon
    ¼ tsp ground ginger
    Pinch of ground cloves
    Pinch of salt
    12 pecan halves
    1 tsp of maple syrup (get the real stuff its more expensive but otherwise you are just paying for maple flavored HFCS).

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs with ground pecans and applesauce. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate coated with a small amount of canola oil. Set aside.

Combine remaining ingredients, except pecan halves and syrup in a large bowl. Mix until blended. Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake 20-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Refrigerate pie. When cool, cut into 12 equal pieces.

In a small bowl, coat pecan halves with syrup. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet, reduce heat to 325 and bake 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven. Place one pecan on the outer edge of each slice of pie before serving.

125 calories/ 17 gm carbohydrates/ 5 gm fat/ 10 mg cholesterol/ 4 gm protein/ 81 mg. sodium/ 2 gm fiber.