Free Lunch!

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Not that I won't make room for pizza in my diet, I do - often. I own a pizzeria, it happens. I just don't like things being forced on me..

Is this like a hazing or do they actually put you at gunpoint over the pizza? That's so weird.

^^ This is what I wanted to know, too! It seems pretty hard core.

No kidding! My coworkers brought me cake yesterday but they didn't whip out their guns or tasers or anything.

But of course, I appreciate when they do things like that and ate a small slice. It was nice :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's not being "forced on you." Sheesh. You're an adult that can say yes and no.

I also am getting pizza for lunch today and delighted to partake :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It is not being forced on you.

I would personally eat it because I love pizza.

If you dont want it, pack lunch and still hang out.

You are welcome.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    They're totally trying to sabotage you. I would seek revenge.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This is what I've been bombarded with today - A coworkers last day is tomorrow so hooray, they are bringing in pizza..

Not that I won't make room for pizza in my diet, I do - often. I own a pizzeria, it happens. I just don't like things being forced on me.. what would you do? Fit the pizza into your day or bring your own lunch?

Ungracious rules of Ettiquette # 101:

Owns pizzeria does not offer to bring in pizza.

Bad business practices # 39:

Owns pizzeria let's other's bring competitor pizza to her establishment.
    OR
    benefit of the doubt, lets OTHER pizza be brought to a place of business NOT her own, calling into question her need to work, the quality of her pizza and her marketing skills.

Social Derp move #1231
    actually considering rejecting the brought in pizza.

Solution: Serve your Pizzeria's pizza. All the problems solved. Especially because you can then choose the ingredients and even bring one or one half topped with any number of vegetables you deem healthy. May I suggest Cauliflower and Kale?
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I always make a free lunch work in. It feels good to have that control.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Not that I won't make room for pizza in my diet, I do - often. I own a pizzeria, it happens. I just don't like things being forced on me..

Is this like a hazing or do they actually put you at gunpoint over the pizza? That's so weird.

I was just wondering if they had her at gunpoint? Or are they physically shoving it down your throat?
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If you want pizza, eat pizza. If you don't want it, don't eat it. No one is forcing you.
    I would plan for eating a couple pieces of pizza and some salad (if they have it) and bring my lunch as well. If you end up not wanting pizza you have a backup lunch. If you end up eating pizza you have lunch ready for the next day.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My coworkers know that I eat differently than I used to, and when it's a free lunch day, if I don't want what they are having, I just sit with them and eat the lunch I bring. Just because the temptation is there, I am not obligated to give in to it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This is what I've been bombarded with today - A coworkers last day is tomorrow so hooray, they are bringing in pizza..

Not that I won't make room for pizza in my diet, I do - often. I own a pizzeria, it happens. I just don't like things being forced on me.. what would you do? Fit the pizza into your day or bring your own lunch?

OR
    benefit of the doubt, lets OTHER pizza be brought to a place of business NOT her own, calling into question her need to work, the quality of her pizza and her marketing skills.

Social Derp move #1231

Solution: Serve your Pizzeria's pizza. All the problems solved. Especially because you can then choose the ingredients and even bring one or one half topped with any number of vegetables you deem healthy. May I suggest Cauliflower and Kale?

I heart you so hard. :flowerforyou:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    damn. now i want pizza.
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    This happens at my office all the time. They don't just order pizza for special celebrations. This is like a 2-3 times a week thing where they will order greasy take out... GAWD WHY MUST THE CO WORKERS DO THIS TO ME.

I stare at them with my leafy green salad while they gnaw on chicken fingers and fries. YAY ME
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options

OR

Social Derp move #1231

K this made me laugh out loud.. literally :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Where I work, if you walk into the breakroom, three guys jump you from behind. They duct tape you to a chair, and one of the ladies clamps your testicles so tightly you scream out in pain. As soon as your mouth is open, they stuff food you don't want in your throat, and duct tape your mouth shut until you have to swallow it or you drownin your own saliva.

I don't go in the breakroom anymore.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Ok, ham, pineapple and jalapenos please.

I'll take a large and expect my free pizza to be delivered with a smile.

And it better be hot or I'm sending it back.

Pineapples don't belong on a pizza. :wink:
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    I work in a doctors office and we get rep lunches ALL THE TIME (even today :noway: ). We usually try to get something a little more healthy like soup and salad. Those days, I work it into my calories, on the pizza or pasta days, I just eat my own lunch.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

OR

Social Derp move #1231

I'm glad I am not the only one who thought... "Why is she having pizza delivered to a pizzeria?" It just looks bad for the outside observer.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It it's cheese or a veggie pizza, I'd be all over it :laugh: No one is forcing you to eat it and if for some reason you don't feel like pizza-then just bring your own lunch in. Really not that big of a deal.
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Is it a pizza place you would order from and take food home to eat? Is it something you really like?

If the answer to either of these is NO then don't eat it. I have 1 or 2 favorite pizza places in my city that I find worth it enough to make room for the food. Otherwise Domino's/Pizza Hut pizzas aren't my favorite and I'll save my cals.

So basically, are you doing it to be nice and go with the flow? Doing it because you feel like it's the right thing to do? Or doing it because you want to?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Ok, ham, pineapple and jalapenos please.

I'll take a large and expect my free pizza to be delivered with a smile.

And it better be hot or I'm sending it back.

Pineapples don't belong on a pizza. :wink:

They do. Oh yes, they do.