Late Night Snacking

Options
13»

Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i try to just have a really filling day and then drink tea at night

if you must eat something, have some greek yogurt flavoured however - i find this so filling. or a hard boiled egg...or some pb. nom nom nom.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    if i get hungry late at night ill take done a glass of milk or chocolate milk lol
  • winniethepooh751
    winniethepooh751 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I try to remind myself that I weigh-in in the mornings and that I won't know my actual weight if I still have the leftovers from last night's snacking in my system. It's hard a lot of times though because I work nights and I sometimes just want to pig out on junk like Hot Cheetos and M&Ms. I do drink a lot of water though and every time I get the urge to grab junk food to snack on, I'll walk around and do some squats. If I find that I'm just too hungry, I keep some boiled eggs or a fruit around to help quell the hunger until it's time for my actual breakfast.
  • postman_12
    postman_12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My advice is contrary to what a lot of people have suggested, which shows how different we all are. For me the problem with late night snacking is that it almost always converts into an eating binge. I have no trouble whatsoever keeping to my calorie limit right up until about 7:00. I know it's entirely psychological but after 7 I have repeatedly been unable to stop myself from overeating, often in a really big way. For me a major contributor to weight loss (I lost 70 lbs 1.5 yrs ago) was a complete ban on eating after 7:00. It was painful, but it let me stick to my MFP calorie target for weeks on end and the weight came off.