Just Finished Chalean Extreme - what next?

Options
syk731
syk731 Posts: 34 Member
Hi everyone,

I just finished Chalean Extreme. I got great results, but I had a lot of weight to lose that came off during the program as well, so I'm pleased. Now I don't have as much weight to lose, but would like to continue to build strength and lose inches.

I really liked Chalean Extreme, and I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I don't belong to a gym and although I might be able to join one in a few months, I can't right now. I have adjustable dumbbells at home and I haven't maxed out yet, except on some of the squats, but I have a few larger dumbbells at home that I can use for those too. I'm not looking to buy a barbell at this time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do next? A lot of the lifting programs I see recommended seem to require barbells. I'm looking for something to do at home without a barbell.

Should I just consider doing Chalean Extreme again with heavier weights, since I think I am definitely stronger now? Or mix it up with the Lean for Life?

Replies

• mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I moved on to NROL4W after CLX and I'm doing it at home. I modified during stage 1 and used dumbbells, but after that I broke down and bought a bar, a few plates and a bench. I didn't really need much to get started and I think it's going to last through the end, we'll see. I know others do it at home all the way through too.
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you aren't sick of Chalean I say go for it again with heavier weights. I've done it a few times (once or twice through, a few starts and stops) but I never really gave it my all so I restarted it today and I'm going to REALLY DO IT, not just half *kitten* my way through it. :)
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I made it through CLX all the way to the first LEAN workout, and I kind of hated it (not sure why). So I started Stronglifts, and it's been a good experience so far.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Do it again and lift heavier!!! I have done several rounds of CLX and each time, I strive to increase my weights and get stronger! I do change up the cardio workouts to liven things up, but keep to the weight ifting workouts. Congrats on completing your first round! Keep up the good work!