So, who's the strongest woman on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am DEF not the strongest. Sara sounds like a dang beast. I am just learning to feel out my maxes. I was looking for leanness, now I am going for mass.
    Bench: 115 lbs
    Squat: 115 lbs
    Dead: 180 lbs
    OHP: 80 lbs
    Leg Press: 515 lbs
    Leg Ext: 180 lbs
    Back Ext: 190

I don't generally go for 1RM, I am the drop set queen, hoggin all those dumbells ahahah, I adore failure, and I have the stamina of a mule...I may not be the fastest or the strongest, but I never give up or stop :PPPP
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My stats:

Bench 185 xR
    Squats: 225 x4

H: 5'8
    W: 140 lbs

NO drugs and lots of food.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Probably Sara. I think she Deadlifts more than me.

Woah, who's Sara? Username?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com//Sarauk2sf
    +1
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I am DEF not the strongest. Sara sounds like a dang beast. I am just learning to feel out my maxes. I was looking for leanness, now I am going for mass.

I don't generally go for 1RM, I am the drop set queen, hoggin all those dumbells ahahah, I adore failure, and I have the stamina of a mule...I may not be the fastest or the strongest, but I never give up or stop :PPPP

:heart:
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options

OMG your arms. ::drool:: I.want.arms.like.that.so.bad.
  • imprzya
    imprzya Posts: 5
    Options

I love drop sets..and I like your motto!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have to say Sara with her 325lb deadlift.

Others I'd put up too would be Yoovie, Mirey, Lora, nz_deevaa, BeachGinger, Otterluv, Crankstr and Tameko.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Oooh man, now I feel like a weenie! Just started weight lifting a month and a half ago. You girls give me hope! Women who lift are badass!!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Oooh man, now I feel like a weenie! Just started weight lifting a month and a half ago. You girls give me hope! Women who lift are badass!!

YAY ANOTHER LADY SUPEREGO wewt
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    When I think of Sara and reflect on her lifts.... I have images of grown men being lifted over her head, Brought smoothly off the floor to her thigh level, Perched on her shoulders while squatting. Then in a strange plot twist when my imagination takes over she sometimes twirls them over her head and other times hold them by the feet while spinning them around and throwing them like a discus. For these reasons and because I have yet to see someone on here who can do all the lifts to the weight of a grown man I'd date, while simultaneously maintaining a figure I'd like to have while getting those dates. Sara is my choice. The same Sara being referred to here by everyone.

Funny-captions-gtfo.jpg
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I have to say Sara with her 325lb deadlift.

Others I'd put up too would be Yoovie, Mirey, Lora, nz_deevaa, BeachGinger, Otterluv, Crankstr and Tameko.

I wish I could justify being in this class of lifters. My Wilks score is only 260.something. But I'm trying to get those stats up!
  • imprzya
    imprzya Posts: 5
    Options
    My stats:

Bench 185 xR

Holy Crap, that's an awesome bench!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    right now, ME. but smell isn't everything
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Probably Sara. I think she Deadlifts more than me.

Wow! Sara's amazing! Im 5 pounds under her in the deadlift. Here's to you Sara :drinker:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i'm feeling painfully unimpressive after looking at the stats of other ladies here...but here goes:

bp: 105
    squat- 185
    DL- 215
    OHP- 80

weighed about 135 when I tested these in January. I have gained weight since then :( Life got in the way of lifting.

But actually still can lift the same weights :) Just weigh more now.

here's my favorite pic of me lifting- the boot knife rules:

482670_4702551331999_665726187_n.jpg

this is me DLing 210

542258_4398142841977_566877520_n.jpg

here's a video of my 215 DL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETsbeKUfZyI&feature=youtu.be

ETA: I been pretty consistently dealing with a re-occurring shoulder injury for the past year so I think my bench and OHP could have been better by now if it weren't for that. injuries suck, people.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ohai guise!

Thank you for all the votes :flowerforyou:

Just a shout out to all the ladies everywhere who strength train, whether it be bodyweight lifts or powerlifting type lifts, or any other resistance type training.

Remember that different people train for different goals and are at different stages in their lifting life. Just grabbing a few examples, while my lifts may be a touch higher than, for example Littleladylifter's, from a wilks perspective, she also does a lot of strongman stuff that is more endurance and quite frankly would kill me, plus she has a great physique. And other example, just above, is Lady_Bane who has a phenomenal physique and I would assume lifts in a way to achieve that, which is not necessarily pulling maxes. I am only using these two as examples and there are many more on this thread.

I would also like to encourage all women to strength train, in a manner in which they enjoy. I started doing compound lifts for the first time about a year ago when approaching my 45th birthday and I think I am stronger and in better shape than any time in my life. But that is what *I* enjoy and I had the very confidence boosting realization that I am strong. You don't have to do strength based compound lifts - but lift something and find what *you* enjoy.

[And yes Chris, I know...I need to get my butt to a meet:tongue: ]

OK, off my soapbox now...carry one.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Ohai guise!

Just a shout out to all the ladies everywhere who strength train, whether it be bodyweight lifts or powerlifting type lifts, or any other resistance type training.

Remember that different people train for different goals and are at different stages in their lifting life. Just grabbing a few examples, while my lifts may be a touch higher than, for example Littleladylifter's, from a wilks perspective, she also does a lot of strongman stuff that is more endurance and quite frankly would kill me, plus she has a great physique. And other example, just above, is Lady_Bane who has a phenomenal physique and I would assume lifts in a way to achieve that, which is not necessarily pulling maxes. I am only using these two as examples and there are many more on this thread.

I would also like to encourage all women to strength train, in a manner in which they enjoy. I started doing compound lifts for the first time about a year ago when approaching my 45th birthday and I think I am stronger and in better shape than any time in my life. But that is what *I* enjoy and I had the very confidence boosting realization that I am strong. You don't have to do strength based compound lifts - but lift something and find what *you* enjoy.

:heart: Well said. You are not only strong, you are also an awesome person. :flowerforyou:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    My stats:

Bench 185 xR

Holy Crap, that's an awesome bench!

Damn. Impressive numbers.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Ohai guise!

I think you hit on some very good points. The question was who is the strongest woman on MFP and the first name that popped in to my mind was Yo_Lazarov and I still stand by her as a solid nomination but then I realized. She is a body builder. She focuses her goals around achieving a specific look and not around lifting a specific number. It is entirely conceivable that a women could life more than Yo_Lazarov and look completely different because her goals would be centered around just lifting more.

In the end I think it is impressive when anyone is able to stick with the discipline required to lift heavy weight. I am not a women so I am supposed to have more upper torso strength naturally and there isn't really much of a negative stigma that I have to ignore either and I still find it challenging to stick with it.

I agree that all women should get in to some sort of lifting and/or strength training. I am going to be in the gym and it is a good motivator for me. (Totally not in a creepy way)