Herbalife shake meal success?

I was wondering if anyone is trying or has tried the Herbalife Shake Meal products and what kind of success have you had with this product on your weight loss journey? I have recently started drinking two healthy shakes a day and eating one sensible dinner meal to help in my weight loss. What are your thoughts on this product?

Replies

• erayne
    erayne Posts: 47 Member
    I've heard it works, but then what happens when you stop drinking the shakes?
  • danimashx
    danimashx Posts: 6 Member
    I've been doing it for around 5 days and happy to say I've lost 5lbs :) but I am worried about what happens when I stop, although it has completely changed my appetite and I'm eating more, also not craving fizzy drinks anymore so can't complain :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I was wondering if anyone is trying or has tried the Herbalife Shake Meal products and what kind of success have you had with this product on your weight loss journey? I have recently started drinking two healthy shakes a day and eating one sensible dinner meal to help in my weight loss. What are your thoughts on this product?

Caloric deficit governs weight loss, if you want to create a deficit using overpriced shakes, so be it. They don't do anything special for weightloss
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member

If you are meeting your nutrition goals safely and are enjoying the shakes, then go for it. If you don't like how the shakes taste, switch to smaller portions of your favorite foods. Weight loss can be tasty!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    To expand on Acg67's response, you are losing weight because the shakes are helping you limit your calories, not because the shakes have anything special in them that creates or accelerates weight loss. As long as you keep this in mind and are willing to either continue drinking shakes the rest of your life or learn how to eat at this same deficit or at maintenance in a healthy manner then you should be able to lose weight and keep it off. With the exception of doing something unhealthy like a water fast, it really doesn't matter what plan you follow to lose weight as long as you understand why it is working and can make lifetime changes when you reach your goal weight.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    To expand on Acg67's response, you are losing weight because the shakes are helping you limit your calories, not because the shakes have anything special in them that creates or accelerates weight loss. As long as you keep this in mind and are willing to either continue drinking shakes the rest of your life or learn how to eat at this same deficit or at maintenance in a healthy manner then you should be able to lose weight and keep it off. With the exception of doing something unhealthy like a water fast, it really doesn't matter what plan you follow to lose weight as long as you understand why it is working and can make lifetime changes when you reach your goal weight.

^^^This! You just have to realize either the shakes will have to be a lifetime thing, or while you are using them buckle down and start learning how you really should eat when you get to your goal. Honestly for me, The way I learn is by doing. Here it is, 15 months after I started and I feel I'm actually getting the hang of eating healthy. I'm also starting to actually not even want the junk I used to. Like donuts or frozen pizza, or other things I used to get and eat religiously.
  • Do some research on Cellular Nutrition then get back to me ....
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    I had them a few times, and I actually quite enjoyed a cold shake on a hot day - it was enough to keep me going. But I'd have a 90 calorie shake rather than (say) a 400 calorie lunch so right there is 310 calorie deficit. 5 times a week and there is a 1550 calorie deficit. At $8 a pop though - it isn't sustainable for me over a life time. That's way too expensive!!

I found the people there though to be really creepy - they made us sign up on some "email / phone number list" and then she'd text me saying how she'd "love to see me back at the club".
  • I had them a few times, and I actually quite enjoyed a cold shake on a hot day - it was enough to keep me going. But I'd have a 90 calorie shake rather than (say) a 400 calorie lunch so right there is 310 calorie deficit. 5 times a week and there is a 1550 calorie deficit. At $8 a pop though - it isn't sustainable for me over a life time. That's way too expensive!!

I found the people there though to be really creepy - they made us sign up on some "email / phone number list" and then she'd text me saying how she'd "love to see me back at the club".

$8 a day does seem high .... I wonder why you pay that much .... I pay about $5 a day and have one every morning for breakfast. Sonds like you had a bad coach that was in the business for all the wrong reasons. I can assure you not all coaches are like that.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Shakes are a kind of food. They have calories, fat, protein, carbs. Control your food and you control your weight. It's that simple. There is nothing special or magic about these shakes, other than their high price tag evidently.
  • Shakes are a kind of food. They have calories, fat, protein, carbs. Control your food and you control your weight. It's that simple. There is nothing special or magic about these shakes, other than their high price tag evidently.

This post right here just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Do some research on Cellular Nutrition and you'll see what the magic is. For most people controlling their food isn't so simple. That's why the Herbalife program is ideal for people that need the extra motivation, support and/or discipline that they aren't getting from home. For some reason you are extremely ignorant to that fact.
  • taso42
    Shakes are a kind of food. They have calories, fat, protein, carbs. Control your food and you control your weight. It's that simple. There is nothing special or magic about these shakes, other than their high price tag evidently.

This post right here just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Do some research on Cellular Nutrition and you'll see what the magic is. For most people controlling their food isn't so simple. That's why the Herbalife program is ideal for people that need the extra motivation, support and/or discipline that they aren't getting from home. For some reason you are extremely ignorant to that fact.

I'm also not a fat *kitten* any more, whereas I once was a fat *kitten*. And I've never once subscribed to any nonsense like Cellular Nutrition or the weak *kitten* notion that controlling food is so hard that one should need a product to help them.

Get a grip.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Do some research on Cellular Nutrition then get back to me ....
    Lol, you mean some "concept" made up to sell shakes?

Question: If the best RD's out on the market don't endorse it, then why should one believe it's "better" than just learning how to eat ones macro/micro nutrients in correct portions? And with variety?

Unless one wants to drink shakes the REST OF THEIR LIFE, and forego some foods or actual meals, then this it NOTHING more than a money making diet.

And MLM people who are suckered into it usually are really bad at countering as to why actually eating food isn't as good as their products. Keep on believin' and make sure to keep that monthly autoship going to pay your upline.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shakes are a kind of food. They have calories, fat, protein, carbs. Control your food and you control your weight. It's that simple. There is nothing special or magic about these shakes, other than their high price tag evidently.

I'm also not a fat *kitten* any more, whereas I once was a fat *kitten*. And I've never once subscribed to any nonsense like Cellular Nutrition or the weak *kitten* notion that controlling food is so hard that one should need a product to help them.

Get a grip.

You are truly uneducated. You basically just said eating disorders are scams and people don't deserve help. You're a lost cause
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member

Get a grip.

You are truly uneducated. You basically just said eating disorders are scams and people don't deserve help. You're a lost cause

Wait...what?

Did you read the same post as me?
  • Do some research on Cellular Nutrition then get back to me ....
    Lol, you mean some "concept" made up to sell shakes?

Question: If the best RD's out on the market don't endorse it, then why should one believe it's "better" than just learning how to eat ones macro/micro nutrients in correct portions? And with variety?

Unless one wants to drink shakes the REST OF THEIR LIFE, and forego some foods or actual meals, then this it NOTHING more than a money making diet.

And MLM people who are suckered into it usually are really bad at countering as to why actually eating food isn't as good as their products. Keep on believin' and make sure to keep that monthly autoship going to pay your upline.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[/quotes

Obviously you can't make you own decisions or do your own research if you rely solely on what RD's endorse. The nation’s largest group of professional nutritionists—the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics—has close ties to food and beverage companies like Coca-Cola, Mars, Hershey and Nestlé. Not only do these company sponsors receive space at conferences to convince dieticians of the benefits of their products, required continuing education is often also run by these very same companies.

What is so wrong with drinking a healthy shake every morning? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING .... just b/c you don't agree with it doesn't mean its wrong. I know that might be hard for you to understand but people mock what they do not understand. Yes I do plan on drinking a healthy shake everyday for the rest of my life and I can guarantee it's BETTER than anything you eat for breakfast. I wouldn't expect a trainer to understand tho

I eat food all day. I don't understand where this notion of not eating real food comes from. Oh and FYI Herbalife does not automatically. I don't have a single client on it.

Get a grip.

Wait...what?

Did you read the same post as me?

"weak *kitten* notion that controlling food is so hard that one should need a product to help them" .... Yes I read this post ... Not controlling the amount of food a person does or doesn't eat is a eating disorder.
  • taso42

Get a grip.

LOLWUT? Great leap of reasoning there. Strong initial few posts to the forum.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member

Caloric deficit governs weight loss, if you want to create a deficit using overpriced shakes, so be it. They don't do anything special for weightloss

Yep.

I did the whole Herbalife program thing. I lost 40 pounds. I was very successful. I stopped drinking the shakes and gained it all back plus 12 more pounds. I am now down 41 pounds with simply tracking my calories and exercising. Healthy and sustainable is the way to go. Don't waste your money on overpriced shakes - learn how to eat at a calorie deficit and incorporate exercise into your life.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member

What the magic is? Are you kidding? :laugh: For real, that has to be a joke. Are you making the, completely scientifically unsupported and unfounded, claim that Cellular Nutrition is "magic"? What is in it, unicorn hair?

Your defensive posts certainly don't do anything to sell the product.

There is no "magic" in Herbalife at all.