Mio yay or nay?

Options
I love water, adore ice tea (I live in the South) but I use Mio to get me to drink those extra amounts that I know I need when my workout shirt has gone from a light gray to a dark black.

But nutritionally, what's the take on that Mio additive, given I know its not as good as water mind you.

Replies

• epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I say Nay. If you adore ice tea, make some sun tea and drink that if you're looking for a different drink from water. Mio is just chemicals, and doesn't do anything positive for your body. If you're going to use it, save it for special occasions.

If you want to flavour your water without doing sun tea, then add some sliced fruit: lemons, limes, strawberries, kiwis, melons, or even cucumbers and/or mint. I put some in my water bottle each morning and just replenish as the day goes on.

*Edited to replace It's with Mio, as it could be confusing re: sun tea or mio being chemicals.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Make some actual tea and load it up with Splenda if you want it sugary tasting. I was okay with one of the Mio knockoffs until I looked up one of the ingredients - guess antifreeze tastes sweet to humans too!
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yay. I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and then water the rest of the day. That's it. Nothing else. When I'm home I squirt lime juice in my water. When I'm at work I squirt Strawberry/Watermelon Mio. I like the taste. Until someone I trust tells me it's going to kill me, I'm going to keep squirting.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yay. I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and then water the rest of the day. That's it. Nothing else. When I'm home I squirt lime juice in my water. When I'm at work I squirt Strawberry/Watermelon Mio. I like the taste. Until someone I trust tells me it's going to kill me, I'm going to keep squirting.

^^This^^ Strawberry watermelon is my favourite too. I started my water with Mio in it ALL THE TIME and now I try to stick to Mio only on weekends but that's just my thing.
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    I think that Mio is great. Water can be so bland all the time.

I'm not from the south, and I think that sweet tea is the greatest invention since sliced bread!

You're still drinking water, it's just flavored concentrate to spruce things up a bit.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I love water, adore ice tea (I live in the South) but I use Mio to get me to drink those extra amounts that I know I need when my workout shirt has gone from a light gray to a dark black.

But nutritionally, what's the take on that Mio additive, given I know its not as good as water mind you.

Since Mio contains chemicals and coloring, it confuses your body and doens't allow it to hydrate as well as if it was pure organic non GMO water
  • ShaneMain
    ShaneMain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never bought into the hippie stuff, I've always had diet sodas and mios and it's never caused me an issue
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    If you can stomach it, sure. I gag at the thought of flavoured water personally. I'm not scared of a diet coke the odd time but flavoured water is just... wrong lol
  • happythermia
    Options
    Yay! I love all those 'water enhancers'

Right now I'm totally stuck on the Kool-Aid liquid - tropical punch. OH YEAAAAAH!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Nay... I didn't like any of the flavors, I honestly prefer the taste of water to the taste of mio flavored water.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love all those 'water enhancers'

Right now I'm totally stuck on the Kool-Aid liquid - tropical punch. OH YEAAAAAH!
    Omg, I will give you mine. It did not taste good to me at all. I do like the Crystal Light Pomtini though. o:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Like someone else posted, I liked it until I found that the #1 ingredient is the same #1 ingredient in anti freeze. Plain water and green tea for me please.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Dasani water flavoring tastes way better... mmm their pineapple coconut one is awesome
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with the tangerine Mio. Going to branch out to other brands when I have to replenish my work stash. I drink plain water at home but need something in it at the office. No idea why...
  • sinthia619
    Options
    I tried the "Diet Snapple Peach Tea Low Calorie drink mix singles to go" for the first time today. Not a big fan of the taste! I will just drink the water without any extras.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I wish I could drink that stuff...if I do I'll be in the ladies room all day!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I wish I could drink that stuff...if I do I'll be in the ladies room all day!

At least your insides won't freeze
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You should try coconut water!! Its all natural and delicious :) and it has a lot of electrolytes in it!
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    I've had Mio before and still aren't done with the two flavors I bought months ago. I say nay because I found it leaves this odd dryness in my mouth afterwards. If you're bored with plain water once in a while, there's nothing wrong with it but I wouldn't make a habit of any water flavoring you buy in a store. I've been too lazy and cheap to go buy flavored teas to make and cool in the fridge but it's what I would do if you want your water to taste different.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I stay away from chemical stuff but that's a personal choice. I sometime make a pitcher of real tea and I drink it with a slice of lemon.