NSV- My poor wedding ring...

Options
2»

Replies

• TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Put a chain on it and wear it as a necklace instead until you reach your goal weight :)

Or until you reach Mt. Doom, at which point you could choose to cast it into the flames, thereby destroying the dark lord Sauron.

This is the best post I have read all day!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm here till Saturday! Try the brace of coneys with taters.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Same here. Mine was so tight that I couldn't wear it when I started my journey. No, especially after I was my hands, the whole set can easily just slip right off my finger.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Go to a jeweler and, unless it is really thick, for $5 or less they can put a ring guard on it. You can adjust the ring guard as you lose weight by bending it. That way you don't have to resize your ring until you are sure you are at a set size.
  • TheBitSlinger
    Options
    Holy cow, I'm having the same problem. My ring slipped into the garbage can last night when I threw something away. My ring is tungsten carbide, which means it can't be re-sized. It's also black, which I think it really cool.

My husband has that ring!!

Your husband has my ring?!? No wonder I couldn't find it in that trash can!
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can no longer wear mine either lol it just slips right off. One night hubby and I were wrestling and playing around and I went to playfully slap him, the ring just flew right off ..took me 2 days to find it! lol
    Congrats on the progress!!!
  • TheBitSlinger
    Options
    I can no longer wear mine either lol it just slips right off. One night hubby and I were wrestling and playing around and I went to playfully slap him, the ring just flew right off ..took me 2 days to find it! lol
    Congrats on the progress!!!

You're not Klingon, are you?
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i am waiting for this NSV to happen..it has just now gone from being too tight to just about ok
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Put a chain on it and wear it as a necklace instead until you reach your goal weight :)

Or until you reach Mt. Doom, at which point you could choose to cast it into the flames, thereby destroying the dark lord Sauron.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Congratulations. I purchased a smaller ring from Lenox.com (Clearance - $24 - sterling with CZs) and wear it 'on top' of my wedding band for now. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Mine was too big, so I put it in a safe for a while. Then HB found a ring sizer on ebay. Its like a little wire that the ends twist around the ring. So, its not a permanent re-size, you can take it off again if your weight fluctuates or your fingers swell. And it was only $7.
  • Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mine actually slipped off in the ocean on our trip to the beach this in early July. Luckily this was my "Fat" ring.

I say fat ring, because I actually got another one after I gained a bunch of weight.

I have my original wedding band on now, it's a bit snug, but already looser than it was when I lost my other one.
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    get a real simple gold band to wear in front of it...that way it will not come off....
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You could also have a jeweler put sizing beads on the inside of your ring. I like those because no one can see them!
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options

^^^ Totally agree. Mine had to be resized 3 times. :( I should have waited till I reached my goal weight. But I was impatient.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I put my class ring in my little safe, it was falling off (been wearing it for > 20 years).
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Go to your nearest jewelry store and ask them if they have any ring adjusters. They are super cheap and you can still wear your wedding ring. problem solved...lol:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    While these wont work for all, I had sizing beads added to one of my rings. You don't feel them, and don't cut the actual ring. Sizing beads can take it down 1/2 a size. There are other options on this site too.

http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archives/articles/1998/nov98/1198fys1.html
  • ryeaydsmom
    Options
    U can also get a ring guard ( think thats the name of it) I had to get one.. you can get a pavk of different size at walmart.. its just a lil clear plastic thing u put on the ring.. than when ur ready to have it sized just take it off
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!