Who Are Your Go-To "Gurus"?

Options
1235»

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I clearly have more time than sense, so I went through and calculated the number of mentions (thus far). Keep in mind I don't necessarily endorse anyone in this list (other than the people in my original post). Number of mentions is in parenthesis. If someone quoted a post and agreed - I included that as a mention.

Alan Aragon (10)
    Eric Helms (8)
    Layne Norton (7)
    Lyle McDonald (6)
    Armi Legge (Imrpuvism) (4)
    Mark Sisson (3)
    Jilian Michaels (2)
    Bob Harper (2)
    Chris Poweel (2)
    James Kreiger (2)
    Steve Troutman (2)
    Alwyn Cosgrove (2)
    Mark Rippetoe (2)
    Jamie Hale (2)

I just realized I am too lazy to list the rest haha - so I won't list anyone with only one mention - although there are certainly some names worth checking out!

I wanted to cut that list short, because I think even more helpful is the list of MFPers that people mentioned…

Sarauk2sf (11)
    Sidesteel (8)
    Arroganceinstep (7)
    Ninerbuff (2)
    johnpagan
    johnnythan
    kazzshourney
    DavPul
    CaptApollo

Of particular note - Eat, Train, Progress group (here on MFP) was mentioned by name 3 times (I believe) and the two moderators got a combined 19 mentions.
  • lblert
    lblert Posts: 55
    Options
    Out of all the book and blog authors that I have read so far (and it's been a lot!) I am a big fan of Tom Venuto. His books are straightforward and make sense, and his blog posts are thoughtfully written while being informative.

I'm also a big fan of the book, "Intuitive Eating" by two registered dietitians, Evelyn Tribble and Elyse Resch. I had to read this four years ago when I was in treatment for my eating disorders. It's taken me years to fully embrace and believe in the concept because it's so contrary to my disordered way of thinking, but, when I do follow the principles, my eating is so much better - no over/undereating.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Eat, Train, Progress group right here on MFP ran by Sarah and Sidesteel. Besides being a wealth of rational information, that group forum also allows more back and forth than you would get following the other people I mentioned.

Agreed. I don't post much in there, but I do read a fair bit of their stuff.

Agree too....Sara n ss have helped me heaps n Sara is definitely my go to person...I'm sure my questions at times tho drive her a lol nuts ;)
  • TooBIGdotNet
    TooBIGdotNet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    +1 for Vinnie