I'm conflicted. I want ice cream. What should I do?

Options

Replies

• DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Get frozen yogurt or Skinny Cow ice cream. That way you can indulge in your craving but still stay "good"!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk until you have burnt enough calories to eat the ice-cream and still stay under your calorie target.

Or put it in a cone and eat it while walking :) Then you don't even have to count it.

what are you ...some kind of fancy-pants genius? :huh:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Option 1
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    needtoloseafewpounds Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Scoop a small amount and eat it with a banana :)
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Eat the ice cream. The body digests that really well and obviously if you are craving it, you need something in it. If you are like any other normal person, you will eat this and that hoping the craving will go away and sure enough, you will consume more calories than if you would just have the ice cream. You don't have to eat a gallon, get a baby cone or kid cone. They are a scant scoop and enough to satisfy.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

I just want to-U wot M8 to everyone on here....

Actually lets go to Cold Stone's and get the biggest most fattening monstrosity there is to show 'em how it's done.

Yusss. None of this skinny cow/cold banana madness. We can't post it on here though, you might be banned. :laugh:
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Eat ice cream! If I tried to deny myself, I would binge on it later. Eff that noise. Good thing I know better!
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should see if Dr. Oz has a brand of ice cream out. Green coffee ketones swirl, maybe? Then you could be sure it's the best possible option.

Raspberry green ketone coffee nonfat sugar free ice milk substitute...?

Do they have a non-dairy version?
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk until you have burnt enough calories to eat the ice-cream and still stay under your calorie target.

Or put it in a cone and eat it while walking :) Then you don't even have to count it.

how to respond to this. Insulted b/c you called me fancy pants or happy b/c you called me a genius..... Just make sure you eat the ice cream.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    It's fine in moderation. I do feel perhaps you should try and understand why you are craving something, it's usually if we are deficient in a nutrient. Make some kind of healthier icecream so you don't crave sugar even more, freeze a banana (chopped and peeled) for a couple hours and put in blender for a few seconds and serve like icecream.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

how to respond to this. Insulted b/c you called me fancy pants or happy b/c you called me a genius..... Just make sure you eat the ice cream.

what's wrong with fancy-pants? :huh:

LiberacePeachPants.jpg
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This might be in here already but I don't feel like weeding through five pages to find out.

Firstly, have any darn thing you want in moderation. If it fits your calories (and secondly your macros), go for it! They're yours to fill however you like.

Secondly, if you'd like to go a healthier route and avoid all the unnecessary sugar, take some frozen banana slices and process them with ~tsp of vanilla extract until ice cream texture. It is sooo good. I'm probably biased because banana was my favorite flavor of ice cream to begin with, but this literally tasted and felt like regular ice cream. It was awesome. I bet it'd be even better with a tiny bit of chocolate chips thrown in.
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It's fine in moderation. I do feel perhaps you should try and understand why you are craving something, it's usually if we are deficient in a nutrient. Make some kind of healthier icecream so you don't crave sugar even more, freeze a banana (chopped and peeled) for a couple hours and put in blender for a few seconds and serve like icecream.

^^^this. But I saw another recipe where you put it in an ice cream maker and add sugar and milk. I heard it tastes a lot better that way.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    2 cups of vanilla ice cream, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 24 Blue Diamond cocoa dusted almonds, 3/4 cup of coco puffs. Take 4 tablespoons of peanut butter, melt in the microwave for a few seconds, pour over the bowl, and prepare to stare into the face of God.

Just over a thousand calories of joy and macros.

{There would have been a picture, but it was gone before my phone could snap it.}
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    hFD21AC94

eaaaaaaaaaaaaaat iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!

586.gif
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks to MFP today, I am going home from work and I am making garbage-full lasagna followed by ice cream.

Losing weight is the BEST!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    family-guy-gif-ice-cream_large.gif
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    of course you don't eat the ice cream you are trying to lose weight, right?
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    have some damn ice cream. or make your own. all you need is milk sugar and vanilla. not bad ingredients
  • winniethepooh751
    winniethepooh751 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I say eat the ice cream. You're making me crave some now. But hey, it's ok to have Ice cream every now and then, right?? I ate a big bag of hot cheetos and some sour patch kids this week and I still lost almost 2 pounds this week so you should be fine.