If you're from Southern Cal

Options
RBurnham90
RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
What gym do you all go to? I moved here a couple months ago and tried about 9 or 10 of them. Settled on 24 hour fitness (Carson and sometimes Torrance)

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I currently go to Fitness19.

Planning to switch to Powerhouse.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    the real purpose of this post is to flaunt that you live in the best area of the USA. :P
  • RBurnham90
    Options
    the real purpose of this post is to flaunt that you live in the best area of the USA. :P

I'm loving it so far. There are so many gyms though and I've only been to the big chain gyms so I'm wondering if there are some good smaller less crowded ones or if most people go to the chain gyms
  • mtf612
    mtf612 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I go to my University's gym, but I found much success at 24 Hour Fitness. It was nice to have gym access late at night if I had a very busy day.

Otherwise Gold's Gyms are a great choice
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    In my area the equinox is the best I toured.
  • RBurnham90
    Options

Isn't Equinox the one that's like $150 a month or something ridiculous?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Isn't Equinox the one that's like $150 a month or something ridiculous?

My apologies, you were just asking for gyms and I had no idea what you're criteria are. Sorry.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I go to Crunch. I haven't tried any of the other gyms, but I like it because they have some good classes.
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I got memberships at both Gold's Gym and 24 Hour.
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    BTW, if you decide to stick with 24, and you haven't done so already, it's worth going to Costco and buying your membership there. It's like $315.00 for two years which comes out to $14.50 p/mnth.
  • RBurnham90
    Options
    BTW, if you decide to stick with 24, and you haven't done so already, it's worth going to Costco and buying your membership there. It's like $315.00 for two years which comes out to $14.50 p/mnth.

Oh sweet thanks man. Was not aware
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Oh sweet thanks man. Was not aware

Wow I never knew guys were that into commitment. I cringe at the thought of committing to anything that long be it gyms, cell phone plans, or relationships. It's a serious hurdle for me. I always heard men were afraid of "commitment"? Must have misunderstood.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Is Spectrum Club still around? That place was awesome when I lived there back in the day...