Rorge and Biter Game of Thrones -- WTH?

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
So, I've thought about this and I'm hoping GRRM has some hidden agenda about those two because otherwise, this is a HUGE plot hole.

Why in the world would Yoren choose them for the Wall? It seems like that would be a major mistake, having them running loose, even there, and would they really be good Black Brothers?

What do you all think?

Replies

• trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Probably just one of the many dozens of extraneous characters GRRM introduced and is incapable of weaving back into the story without needing another 12 books to do it.
  • jlbram03
    jlbram03 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Less and less men willingly joined the Night's Watch, so they had to use prisons as one of their recruiting spots. For example, sometimes men accused of rape were given the choice between castration or the Wall, or men accused of thievery given the option of losing a hand or life on the Wall. Perhaps Rorge and Biter were given similar choices? And since winter is coming, the Night's Watch can't afford to turn away anyone, even super creepers like those two? *shudder*
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Less and less men willingly joined the Night's Watch, so they had to use prisons as one of their recruiting spots. For example, sometimes men accused of rape were given the choice between castration or the Wall, or men accused of thievery given the option of losing a hand or life on the Wall. Perhaps Rorge and Biter were given similar choices? And since winter is coming, the Night's Watch can't afford to turn away anyone, even super creepers like those two? *shudder*
    I get that. Except that Biter EATS PEOPLE. I mean, literally eats people. It seems they might be able to turn someone like that away. And regardless, they need to be able to somewhat control these men. They weren't controllable.

I have to think he has something to reveal eventually about them because otherwise, it's just a huge plot hole that makes no sense.