heart rate, is this normal?

Options
Today I messured my heart rate and it was 45. Is this normal?

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    For some people. If it's still that low and is not normal for you then call your doctor.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Agree, call your doc. Could be normal for you, or it could be abnormal. There are so many factors involved here too - how did you measure it, what were you doing, etc.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

Why do you think that's not normal? Have you had cardio issues, family history, etc.?

45 BPM low for the average adult. Most folks have an HR in the 60 - 80 range but a range in the 40's is not uncommon. Even when I was morbidly obese, my RHR was in the low 60's and, two years later, it's in the low 40's. Part of that is genetics, part of that is from running.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Last time I measured my resting heart rate, it was 49. The time before that, 52. 45 isn't that much lower. If you're feeling "weird," then I'd suggest getting things checked out. Otherwise, just keep an eye on it from time to time.
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Why do you think that's not normal? Have you had cardio issues, family history, etc.?

45 BPM low for the average adult. Most folks have an HR in the 60 - 80 range but a range in the 40's is not uncommon. Even when I was morbidly obese, my RHR was in the low 60's and, two years later, it's in the low 40's. Part of that is genetics, part of that is from running.

This ^ :) I am overweight and unfit still and my rhr is 50. My 70yr old mums...is 58. lol. So yeah. Its within the range of normal. Is it normal for you? That might be the more accurate question. Are you cardio fit? Have you ever checked your rhr before? etc etc. Good luck though. :) and if it is just a normal but low rhr.. enjoy the look of confusion on the docs face when they check it. I do. :D
  • anaanti
    anaanti Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tnx you all for answers. My normal RHR is always low .. but its between 50-60. My mother also have low RHR so I guess is in the fammily. I dont mind it bud today I was feeling rly sleepy most of the day. About cardio fit idk, I was running a lot in past months, and in this week I did a lot of cardio. In the morning I went for a run and my max (running up to the hill) was 180.. what I think is normal.. now I did som HIIT traing.. it was rly intense, I was hardly breathing and my max was 130.
  • kimrpn89
    kimrpn89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should see your doctor..
    Bradycardia is a slower than normal heart rate. The heart usually beats between 60 and 100 times a minute in an adult at rest. If you have bradycardia, your heart beats fewer than 60 times minute.It can be a serious problem if the heart doesn't pump enough oxygen-rich blood to the body.You should have it checked out just in case....