What are your favorite motivational quotes?

Options
I know just about everyone has one and I'd like some more for my journey!

A good friend of mine told me to print some out, put them in a frame and hang them on my wall for daily reminders. So I thought what better place to get some quotes than on MFP from some of the most motivating and inspirational people I've ever come across.

Some of my favorites are: 1 hour of treats now isn't worth a lifetime of my sexy body and Stop rewarding myself with food, I am not an animal (got these from a MFP friend when I first joined).

And feel free to add me I'm always looking for more friends and support, Cheers!!

Replies

• colleenz43
    Options
    Willpower is like a muscle. The more I flex it, the Stronger I become.

Sweat is Fat Crying.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    3 types of people in the world, those make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened. Which one are you?
  • colleenz43
    Options
    Some more:
    Do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog.

What is eaten in private, is worn in public.

Here's a weight loss secret: There are no weight loss secrets! Stop
    eating garbage, and get off your a--.

It took more than a day/Month/year to gain it. It will take more
    than a day/month/year to lose it!!
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    "You can fall without failing!"
    "It's hard to beat someone who never gives up."
    "...because my body is a temple."
    "Yesterday you said today."
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I exercise alwyays in all black, it's like a funeral for my fat.
    Go not where the path may lead, instead make a path and leave a trail.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    fitness is not about being better than someone else...it is about being better than you used to be

the reason most people give up is because they tend to look at how far they have to go, instead of how far they have come.

Don't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20

strength doesn't come from what you can do....it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    "Mistakes make us human, failures help us grow. Hope keeps us going and love is the reason we're alive. So keep learning, loving & living. Never give up on yourself.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fitness is not about being better than someone else...it's about being better than you used to be.

One of the greatest moments in life is realizing that two weeks ago your body couldn't do what it just did.

The more you sweat in times of peace, the less you bleed in times of war.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.

Don't give up what you want most, for what you want now.

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily.

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    “The longer I love, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church....a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes.”

― Charles R. Swindoll
  • JohnMatrix
    Options
    •Better to suffer the pain of discipline than suffer the pain of disappointment
    •Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday.

6 months from now you won't be able to remember how those cookies tasted but you'll be able to see the results.

One bad meal did not make you fat and one healthy meal will not make you fit.
  • IronMan_DuhamNC
    Options
    I have a couple you may like:

“In the end
    these things matter most:
    How well did you love?
    How fully did you live?
    How deeply did you let go?”

― Gautama Buddha

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.”

― Gautama Buddha
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    Options
    I did "fat burning cardio" workout for Hip hop abs and my favorite from that is 'Ohh, This is my song!"

it not much but when your favorite song comes on while exercising it does motivate you to do more while singing along with the song(s)

I also like it when Billy Blanks and Shaun T throughout their videos "don't quit! you can do it" or "just one more, just one more"
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    If hunger isn't the problem, then food isn't the solution.

A year from now you'll wish you started today.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    faint heart n'er won fair maid
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Here's a weight loss secret: There are no weight loss secrets! Stop
    eating garbage, and get off your a--.

Love this one!!
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last very frustrating 20 pounds so this one helps me almost every day:

"Remember how far you've come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be." -Rick Warren
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    "If you're sick of starting over, you have to stop quitting."

"'Wow, I really regret that workout." - No one ever"
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    “Good things don’t happen by coincidence. Every dream carries with it certain risks, especially the risk of failure. But I am not stopped by risks. Supposed a great person takes the risk and fails. Then the person must try again. You cannot fail forever. If you try ten times, you have a better chance of making it on the eleventh try than if you didn’t try at all.”

-Arnold Schwarzenegger-
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    "Do it because they said you couldn't."

"Spinach might get stuck in your teeth, but french fries will get stuck on your *kitten*."

"Eating healthy is my diet."