apple cider vinegar is disgusting!

Options

Replies

• Helsybels
    Helsybels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can get rid of warts and verrucas with this stuff too! I had several, one for 15 years, tried everything else including freezing but nothing worked. One month of applying cider vinegar to one oft them ach night and they all went.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I drink it daily. 2 tbs ACV, mixed with a packet of Truvia and 16oz pf water.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    youre not supposed to drink it silly pants youre supposed to season with it
  • msladydove
    msladydove Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The only brand of Apple Cider Vinegar that I take is the Bragg Apple cider vinegar. It is not for everyone, but I like it.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I would try using the vinegar in a recipe or like in a salad or something instead of drinking it straight!
  • belle_rn
    belle_rn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @ tmpecus78
    just tried it and thank you! it was yummy and it is officially a part of my daily water intake!
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I put it on my arms once a week to help with my keratosis pilaris, but I don't think I've ever consumed it, lol.

Really? does this work well?
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    No kidding it is disgusting. It is for pickling, not drinking. The things people try in order to lose weight, SMH. :noway:

I haven't read anyone on here say they use it for weight loss.
  • Mikeys_Girl
    Options
    The ACV unfiltered with the mother has a whole list of health benefits:
    Weight loss
    Regulate blood pressure
    Reduce bad cholesterol
    Anti viral, anti bacterial and anti fungal
    Bowel irregularity
    Breaking down fats so your body can use them not store them
    Slow cancer cell growth

I personally have noticed the weight loss aspect and it is a tummy (muffin top) shrinker!!!
  • Mikeys_Girl
    Options
    I take it once a day before dinner, like a shot glass amount followed by water! ACV is awesome personally. I have some serious health problems and ACV has made quite a difference. My dr. even asked me what I was doing different... because the medication I am on has had me at a stale mate as of late.
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't like water without it!! Plus each tablespoon has 1 gram of fiber :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's not for everybody.
    A fair trial would be to try Bragg's raw apple cider vinegar. A small amount with some cold water and you can sweeten with honey/stevia if you want.
  • missability
    Options
    I add one TBS of Bragg's ACV "unfiltered" With "Mother" every morning to my 25 ounce water bottle....don't even taste it:)
  • 4Bobbie4
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar IS very healthy for you-1 tblspoon a day IN WATER or mixed into a salad dressing - NEVER straight up. As I understand it (info quote from Gloria Brown-student and teacher from Adele Davis), the apple cider vinegar MUST have the "mother" in the bottle (no you do not have to drink the mother). It is best taken in the morning, prior to pills, or any other ingestion. The top side of this is you can "cleanse" your mouth with the diluted (remember to add water!) vinegar. It also helps for sore throats! Diluted is good for many other things as well!
  • chikoboo
    chikoboo Posts: 18
    Options
    Yuk wouldn't drink it straight. I make a dressing that I put on salads, or steamed veggies. 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1half cup of apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp. chia seeds, 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard and 1 tsp of honey. Whisk the lot up, put in a glass jar and keep it in the fridge, giving it a quick shake before I use a tablespoon per person on whatever I am dressing, now that is yum especially on steamed green beans that still have a bite to them =D
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I actually drink 1 T a day diluted with just a little bit of water. You definitely can't sip or savor it. You just have to throw it back and then immediately follow it with some other drink (preferable one with a strong flavor). I usually follow mine with a swallow of pink grapefruit juice.

BTW if you are going to continue to do this, get a brand that has the mother in it. I think that is where the health benefit really is. I use Bragg brand. Shake it up really well before you pour any out.
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been using it to treat my gall bladder attacks for about a year now. The excruciating, debilitating pain that isn't even helped by the happy pills they give me at the ER goes away in about 10 minutes after I take a shot of the Bragg's ACV. It gives me the chills and I hate when I don't have any juice in the house for a chaser, but it's been a life saver for me.
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    it's soooo gross lol. i'm an osteoarthritis sufferer as well, it really does help. a tbsp in the morning with grapefruit juice and water. down it like a shot. and ditto on what everyone is saying with it having to be unfiltered, with the mother, etc.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    For starters it has to be RAW, UNFILTERED with the "mother". Mother is the "slime" used to make all vinegar. Your typical apple cider vinegar, white vinegar and the like is all filtered to remove the mother. This is an important element. You do NOT drink it raw. Mix it with about 8 oz water, 1 oz of ACV and add a Tbsp of honey, agave or stevia. It is not really that bad. It has a totally different flavor than most typical vinegar. Look for Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

Bragg-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Organic-Raw-074305001321.jpg
  • ClawCat
    ClawCat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I keep a pitcher of this concoction in my fridge! Water, couple cap-fulls of ACV and a cinnamon stick. :) I love it. After drinking it for a few months, i've come to find that it satisfied my thirst a lot more and I feel great. The taste of regular water just doesn't do it.