Plateau... help!

Options
I'm at another stand-still weight-wise. What tricks do you guys have to beat a plateau?? I've been at this weight for a few months now, fluctuating within five pounds.

17076326.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• al3xama3
    al3xama3 Posts: 19
    Options
    Though I have officially passed my halfway mark! Yaaaaay!
  • rsensenig
    rsensenig Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great news on your progress so far. Keep up the healthy eating and working out and at some point you will start losing weight again.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You could always try changing up your workout routine. Sometimes our bodies get used to whatever we are doing and need a change to get going again. Also, depending on your current calorie intake, you could try increasing ~200 calories/day for a week or 2 and see if that makes a difference. Without knowing any of your stats I don't know, but sometimes people don't eat enough and have to raise their intake to get going again.
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My tricks are:

Eat clean (mostly protein, veggies, nuts/nut butters, olive oil, avocado, eggs, some fruit & dairy, limited processed foods & wine)
    Add strength training
    Add sprints 1x/week - 10 minutes 30 secs on/30 off
    Add calories - I added almond butter & avocado - it worked

Great job on your weight loss, and good luck on the rest of your journey.

P.S. Looked at the blog you run - lots of great stuff. I bookmarked it.
  • Lat1988
    Lat1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I too need help. Ive been stuck for about a month now. I can not increase my workouts. I'm very hesitant to up my calorie intake. Any suggestions??
  • pherm001
    Options
    Research your TDEE. Eat -20% of that number. Increasing calorie intake broke me out of a plateau. Similarly I started 5:2 intermittent fasting and I literally dropped 4 lbs. within two days of implementing both. Good luck!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Be really consistent logging food..it really helps
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Made it through 3 plateaus so far. I had to lower calories to make up for weight loss. Increase protein less carbs so you don't eat as much. Add strength training.
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Silly I know, but I got stuck not hydrating enough. I live in the desert, it's the height of summer, and I'm exercising so much more these days... I had gone from 11-12 glasses of water a day slowly down to 8-9. Within a day or two of upping my water I saw all the weight loss I thought I'd earned but hadn't found on the scale suddenly appear.
  • NewMilf08
    Options
    You guys should try upping your calorie intake for a while and change up your workout routine. Try to change things up and surprise your body
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I broke my recent plateau by being intermittent fasting on an 18:6 schedule and cutting back on carbs (set to 25%). And a change in workout routine never hurts either :)
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If you aren't taking any supplements I recommend trying that. (I take GNC total lean CLA, and GNC BeHot vitapaks)
    And increase your water intake to extremes. You really need over 84oz of water a day especially while trying to lose weight.
    And try a week of juicing. Just green veggies that sort. A week of veterinarian might help, animal fat and protein can sometimes clog up our systems.