hashimoto's disease

Recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease and have been new to exercising for about 3 weeks-new to the site today. As of week 3 and exercsing 6 days a week have seen no progress-anyone with similar condition have advice? Very discouraged at this point.

Replies

• HI,
    I too have Hashimoto's and have had it for about 17 years. It sucks because you can never get regulated. I have found that using the app has helped me alot in tracking whats going into my mouth. Also, drink lots of water helps. I am lucky enough to have a friend studying nutrition that has found things to help with raising your iodine level. Stay away from Chlorine and Bromine in products/water. They lower your iodine level, which is what your thyroid lives on. READ EVERYTHING before you eat or drink it. IF you have city water, filter it first before drinking it. Also, massage your thyroid daily (sounds weird) , it can help it regenerate a bit. I'll try anything as it;'s been so long since I've been on any type of maintenance dose of meds.

It's with true determination we'll get through this!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    So there's food/drinks that contain chlorine and bromine ingredients?