Workout Program Recommendations (except for Beachbody)

Options
Hello all,

I am looking for workout program recommendations. It seems that the market is pretty saturated with Beachbody programs. I'm not complaining about that, as a matter of fact, I have all the major ones (P90X, P90X2, Insanity, Asylum, Asylum Volume 2, Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat, and ChaLean Extreme).

I am simply wondering if there are other programs out there worth trying aside from what Beachbody offers.

I enjoy the intensity of the programs I listed, and although I am not desperate for a change, I am just curious if there are other major distributors or instructors putting out good 30-60-90 day programs.

Replies

• Lisalisaw4
    Lisalisaw4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels 90 day revolution....30 minute workouts that work every muscle. She is a fantastic motivator :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    She doesn't have the scammy MLM thing to help push her sales via PM, but I hear Leslie Sansone makes one hella mean walking dvd
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Tae-Bo?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Don't do Tae Bo. It made me bulky
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Les Mills programs are NOT beachbody programs
    js :huh:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

But Beachbody sells the at-home versions and "coaches" make money by selling them. Check the Beachbody website and you will see them there. I will only do Les Mills in a group ex class at the gym, though, which is not a Beachbody thing. For now.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options

The two I mentioned, Combat and Pump, are offered through Beachbody's site.
  • jeremyw1977
    Options
    Have you heard of Tae-Bo?

I tried a version of it a long time ago (i.e., it was on VHS).
    Back then I wasn't too thrilled with it, but maybe it's worth another try.
  • jeremyw1977
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels 90 day revolution....30 minute workouts that work every muscle. She is a fantastic motivator :)

I've done her 30 Day Shred, and really enjoyed it, so that's also a great option.
    Thanks.
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Any of Alwyn Cosgroves programs, New Rules of Lifting. (for Men, for Life, Abs, Supercharged)
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Rushfit has excellent reviews on Amazon, although I have not tried it. That's a resistance training program.
  • arheaume23
    arheaume23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has some amazing workouts. You can search their site for specific workouts based on length, calorie burn, body focus, and difficulty level. They have short intense workouts, and my favorite are their 1000 calorie workouts which are about 90 mins. Great site! check it out. :)
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I"m pretty sure that Alwyn Cosgrove is behind the Spartacus Work out sold through Men's Health. Can't vouch for how good it is, however! There are also some free programs on bodybuilding.com - the two faves appear to be Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer and Kris Gethin has a 90-day program there. If you are looking for a killer HIIT workout, check out Zuzka Light - she has a YouTube channel and I think her website is just zuzkalight.com.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into Tapout XT? It's based on mixed martial arts and I read some great reviews on it. If I hadn't gotten a gym membership for my birthday I was going to check it out after I completed Insanity.
  • whiteshorts2013
    Options
    http://www.10minutorchers.com/10minutorchers/index

or Rachel Cosgrove Drop 2 Dress sizes (mostly strength training)

Deltafit

JNL Fusion ( http://www.jnlfusion.com/ )
  • TheBoev
    TheBoev Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep track of these workouts!
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am looking for workout program recommendations. It seems that the market is pretty saturated with Beachbody programs. I'm not complaining about that, as a matter of fact, I have all the major ones (P90X, P90X2, Insanity, Asylum, Asylum Volume 2, Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat, and ChaLean Extreme).

I am simply wondering if there are other programs out there worth trying aside from what Beachbody offers.

I enjoy the intensity of the programs I listed, and although I am not desperate for a change, I am just curious if there are other major distributors or instructors putting out good 30-60-90 day programs.

if you are looking for exclusively and lifting protocol try googling Wendler's 5/31/, 5x5, stronglifts, westside barbell, smolov, sheiko, or PHAT.

I was using Dr. Layne Norton's PHAT (power/hypertrophy adaptive training) for 3 years before moving on to Dr. Mike Zourdos' D.U.P program. I have worked with but coaches directly...amazing programs to say the least.
  • jeremyw1977
    Options
    Have you looked into Tapout XT? It's based on mixed martial arts and I read some great reviews on it. If I hadn't gotten a gym membership for my birthday I was going to check it out after I completed Insanity.

I remember seeing ads for it before. Thanks for refreshing my memory.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was using Dr. Layne Norton's PHAT (power/hypertrophy adaptive training) for 3 years before moving on to Dr. Mike Zourdos' D.U.P program. I have worked with but coaches directly...amazing programs to say the least.

^^^ Acta non verba^^^
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    DDP Yoga.