Fitbit

2»

Replies

• lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    The One is water resistant... The older Ultra was not. I am not sure about the Zip but I doubt it.

For sure?? I didn't know that!!! That is exciting to hear!
  • lovingbears2
    ( i.e.even just stopping long enough to open the dutch half door we have there to keep the dogs downstairs), then it doesn't register, so we are keeping that door open for now.

Does this mean the dogs are getting free run of your house just so you can register stairs? I bet they think the fitbit is awesome! :laugh: :wink:

I've got an old style ultra fitbit and earned my 1,000 mile badge today. Super-pleased! :glasses:

Actually, they think we are NUTS!! We go up and down for about 4 laps worth. They follow us, all excited, thinking we are going somewhere, then we turn around and go back down, with them on our heels. Then we turn right around and go back up, and they are watching us, like, "wait, we just came from there!" This has been going on for 1 month, so now they wait on the 2nd landing, have pretty much given up following us, now just waiting for us to "settle" down SOMEWHERE! :laugh:

Good for you for that 1,000 mile badge! That is AWESOME! How long have you been using yours?
  • KarlyK929
    KarlyK929 Posts: 44 Member
    The One is water resistant... The older Ultra was not. I am not sure about the Zip but I doubt it.

The Zip is water resistant as well. Meaning, you can't go swimming or in the shower with it (like the Flex), but sweat or splashes won't hurt it.
  • lovingbears2

The Zip is water resistant as well. Meaning, you can't go swimming or in the shower with it (like the Flex), but sweat or splashes won't hurt it.

aaahh, ok, thanks! I was hoping I could use it while "water jogging", but it wouldn't really be taking into account the water resistance burning more calories, or the water weights that I use under water while jogging, so probably just as well, anyway . Good to know, though! Thanks for the info!
  • i got a sleep monitor for free. She tells me every morning how much snoring I've done. LOL
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    I have the Fitbit One. I live in the Sierra Nevada, I love seeing all the flights of stairs (hills) I've climbed on my hikes.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    I just got the Fitbit Flex 2 weeks ago Sunday. Still learning to love it, but I must say that it is motivating me to get in a few extra steps or minutes of exercise in at the end of the day to hit my goal and buzz to alert me that I made it. :tongue: :blushing:
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    i got a sleep monitor for free. She tells me every morning how much snoring I've done. LOL

LOL! Too funny!!
  • mhfitbit
    mhfitbit Posts: 6 Member
    Actually, they think we are NUTS!! We go up and down for about 4 laps worth. They follow us, all excited, thinking we are going somewhere, then we turn around and go back down, with them on our heels.

Do they do that annoying thing of having to go up and down right next to you? My dog does that - she keeps pace with me on the stairs, and even stops midway if I do; I'm convinced we're going to trip each other up one day!

I've had my fitbit for almost a year; had a break from wearing it for a couple of months, but back to wearing it everyday without fail now. And the dog appreciates all the extra walks to get my steps up. :happy:
  • johncorbin581
    johncorbin581 Posts: 12 Member
    I love my Zip. Linking it to MFP was easy and for the money it's great (poor College kid). I tend not to eat the extra Cal.

The only issue is that unless you have the top phones you can't sync it yet to most phones. I still sync my at my home PC. No issues. I enjoy the non-rechargeable battery one less thing to plug in. I've heard that the battery is good for 5-6 months.

Enjoy
  • mjga2043
    mjga2043 Posts: 23 Member
    I've had the Zip about a month and I really like it. It definitely motivates me to get active and at least hit 10K in steps a day.